Cultivated Reef

20xh done!!

nanoman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, very well thought out. I like the way it looks like a living picture.

What kind of lighting are you using? What are you planning to put in there?

Thanks for the comments.

Lizbeth, The only thing I can fit in the closet right now is a 55w combo. I will put some low light softies at the top of my rock. I also want a 6 line, cleaner shrimp, and goby. I will also add a cleanup crew.

Macnreef, my return pump is a Mag 7. I thought this might be a little big but it works fine without any restriction.

And yes when I say "done" I only meant for now. Next is a moon light from Walmart.

Ya, you can see the swing check valve above my sump in the closet pic. I also T'd off my return line with a ball valve for water changes and it works great.

I love that setup! Right now we're looking at home, and I've told my wife that if it's possible.......I'd like to setup a tank in the wall just like that. I was thinking underneath the stairs, or whatever I get to work with.

But Very nice setup, was it hard to convince your wife about cutting the wall?

Thanks for the comments.

Scurz, I had the rock in another tank and just transfered it.

Kimura, I told my wife I was going to put the tank in the closet but left out the cutting part until it was done. She has no complaints now. Everyone that see's it wants one. It was allot easier than I thought to cut the hole. Try it you will like it.;)

Looks AWSOME!!!! It looks very well planned out and VERY clean.

That's really neat to have the closet as the sump room, very well planned out!!!

Looks like your tank is lit by a MH, those PC's must be strong. Every thought of going with a single 250 watt MH or 175 watt MH 10K and having those PC's supplement it? That way you could have some very nice blue clams and colorful SPS!

Keep up the AWSOME work!

Rock Anemone:D

Archived