SaltCritters.com

ok, i am going to faint.

NanoGal13

yueah, ok, we went garage sailing, we stopped at a house, and i nearly fainted, i ought a 30g hex tank, OAK stand, and lighting, for ........

$1!!!!!! yeah, $1! :happydance:omgomgomg:lockdown: *dances*, uhuh uhuh uhuhuhuh i could almost SING!!!!!

ok, now that im good, what in god blazes am i going to do with the thing! i was thinking making it into my seahorser tank instead of the 29g....

well, just kinda type out loud ideas, will consider any and all.

coral bommie/tower.

pic19.jpg

lol, interesting, that is a neat picute, perhaps do the 3 back sides in monticap shelves... bunch of clown gobies to perch, lol

well, maybe more softie corals reaching upwards. stony bommies are better suited for a larger tank probably.

i like the tower look altho i don't really see too many done successfully except in really big tanks. cubes and cylindrical/hexagonal would be good fits for it, emphasizes the shape and detail imo,

I hate you and all the people that get the deals of oh I bought this super rare and highly expensive car/motorcycle from a little old lady who found it in her barn for $500

Just kidding killer score

snowlancer2720

id say send it to me, ill give you 2$!!! plus ill pay for shipping!

id say go with the seahorse idea, some nice yellow and black hippocampus kuda....very nice...mabye some small pipefish?! make sure you show some pics!

Fishfreak218

seahorses are great... i think u should go with that... the tank is perfect for them.. but about them being mixed with pipefish.. i know u have done your research nanogal,

but mixing captive bred Seahorses with wild caught pipefish isnt the best idea.... they can get diseases... also um... i vote SH planted tank.. :)

that's an awesome deal. what kinda lighting did it come with? i mean, for $1, it doesn't really matter but just curious.

Wow that is rediculously cheap. You are very lucky. I also vote for the tower type reef.

If only my garage sailed...

hahaha

Wow that is rediculously cheap. You are very lucky. I also vote for the tower type reef.

hahaha

lol, yes, sailiing garages.....FRAG SWAP IN THE SKY! MWAHAHAHAH!! ok, i have now regained my composer, i think i will go for the seahorse idea, only because MH lights are insane(ly expensive) and i dont have QUITE that much $$$ i will proabably go for 2 pairs of ocean ponies, and a pair of pipes.

FF - i know, i am only going to go for the puipes if i can get some that are absolutly CB. thank you, i am glad you aprove of my ocean pony knowledge.

zarac - :P and thanks.

tig - it was a 24" 17w actanic striplight, not much use for me, lol.

hey, i need some help from you guys, i need to know of a nice PC light, about 18" of about 120w, if there isnt, well, its gonna be awile befoe the horses, im gonna have to get the 150w coralife MH (it looks really nice) but i really cant afford $250 ATM, so if you guys have any ideas, just kinda shout um out.

I would go with the seahorse.....wait I am turning my 29 gal hex into a seahorse tank yaaaaaaaaaaaaa sea horse.... I am doing a three level pvc frame lots of open sand and so so many plants( where is the smily for drooling)

and you dont need much light right now i have 2 96watt quad 10k and 2 28 watt actinic.... after the horse's take over i am only keeping one 96 watt.

I would go with the seahorse.....wait I am turning my 29 gal hex into a seahorse tank yaaaaaaaaaaaaa sea horse.... I am doing a three level pvc frame lots of open sand and so so many plants( where is the smily for drooling)

and you dont need much light right now i have 2 96watt quad 10k and 2 28 watt actinic.... after the horse's take over i am only keeping one 96 watt.

yeah, im thinking about the 96w but the problem is, its 2" too big, altho, the light doesnt comea ll the way to the edge, so maybe...

LMAO, yes seb, seahorses, dont get your undies in a bunch, ay, if any yall want, i will be in chat. :)

make sure to do a check to make sure the old owner never used copper in the tank...that could really wreck your plans.

Archived