Top Shelf Aquatics

10g AGA lots of pics!

nanocheeks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, I am curious. What camera and lens do you use to take these amazing pictures?

Did you use any special lightings?

I LOVE your pictures!!!

we use a nikon l1, set on macro mode, just regular tank lighting. for every picture that gets posted, we probably take about 10! speaking of pictures, here is a yuma that we have had for about a month, just hasnt been in a good pic taking position, so here it is. i do not think its bleached. thansk for the kind words about our pics!

DSCN0043-1.jpg

yankeereefer

Your tank is awesome - It gives alot of hope and inspiration to noobs like me who are just now loking at a box o' rocks -

JK - My 10g is only 4 or so weeks old - Right now, Kenya tree frag, little xenia, small zoo colony and my first shrooms yesterday!

I can see what patience and good husbandry will result in -

Fantastic job!

Thanks!! its nice to know that our tank can help to inspire someone else. it really is all about patience. but we are still learning and making mistakes, just fewer and farther between! good luck with that 10g, sounds like youre off to a good start!

Undertheradar

Too bad you are too far away...I have been looking for a nice small BTA like that...I would offer nice trades...lol.

• 11 months later...

well, its been a while since i updated this thread, i made the move to oregon, and unforunately i lost about 85% of everything in this tank....i salvaged a couple of colonies of zoos, some moon polyps, and the rock, thats it....it was a sad sight, my friend that i sent everything to while i drove from cincy to portland just didnt have enough experience to catch whatever went wrong.....so, its like a clean slate, its been tough, we've had to find new stores, and new water even, since no one sells Nature's Ocean water here....good news, i get to buy lots of stuff. although i really liked batman and robin....anyway, stay tuned for picks, i took some of the death tank (what i deamed it when we arrived in Portland) and will take some current shots, we have moved on to a 20L, and are considering moving to a 55.....we'll see.

• 3 months later...

so this was what my tank looked like in october of last year when i arrived in portland

DSCN0324.jpg

all of my fish were dead, my clam, my ricordia, some polyps survived, a few various different zoos. and my my my did it stink!

• 1 year later...

hey, if anyone out there has watched this thread, i wanted to give a little update, the 20L you see above (death tank) was successfully rehabbed, i will post pics soon. BUT, I have left the hobby and pretty much gotten rid of everything. I just dont have the money or the time, anyway, this thread has gotten over 4000 views, so, obviously someone was intersted, i will post the pics of what the 20L looked like at its best.

And if anyone out there has any questions about how to creat a beautiful Nano tank without all the bells and whistles you can always feel free to ask me on this thread, or send me a PM. Both my 10g and 20 had no outside filtration, no refugiums, no metal halide, just powerheads, powercompacts and a heater. So its possible. Thanks for all the compliments, and all of the interest!

• 3 years later...
What a beautiful tank. It's a shame you left the hobby. Do you think you'll ever start one up again?

Actually yes! I have started a new tank, it is a 46 gallon acrylic, I took some LR from my bro in law and got it up and running about three weeks ago. Here are some pics!

Lighting - two 120 "black box" less from aquariumleds.com

flow: vortech MP10 ESw & hydor korallia nano along with my return from the sump

3-3.75" DSB

i-hVhqwfN-X2.jpg

i-RDb9JrH-X2.jpg

i-WZZ2tMP-X2.jpg

i-3Xf9rwm-X2.jpg

i-hGddbLz-X2.jpg

i-mXtx7xh-X2.jpg

i-CwWZVNQ-X2.jpg

Archived