SaltCritters.com

10g AGA lots of pics!

nanocheeks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

groyurown replied to your post on RC air doc, as for SPS....we're thinking about it, right now we have 80w on a 10g, so i know we could do some monti digitata, ...problem is that in such a small work space its easy to break the arms off, and i dont want everything to turn brown because of a lack of light. any suggestions of sps that may do well in moderate light?

thanks sandlot! i want it to be a shroom/zoo tank, the lights too intense for the shrooms, and i usually only buy small colonies of zoos, and they are hard to place, but i am working on evening it all out!

BTW, purple firefish goby on the avatar. :D

sandlot13, the newest ric is off ebay, paid way too much, but thats how it works in this addiction, ere, hobby. the rest are all from LFS. we are pretty proud of em, they are they "crown jewels" of our little world.

here ya go air doc

"salinty .024, water flow i have one hagen powerhead in an upper right corner facing front, one in lower left going across the back, that one has not worked for the last 2 weeks, but tank still does fine. no skimmer. not sure what my calcium levels are, dont have a test kit, i does half cap sea chem reef complete every three days, my clam is growing fast, coraline is explodintg, and my frogspawn has formed two "buds", so i am guessing i am in the ball park. ammonia 0 nitrite, -trate 0, and negligible (respectively). temp 74-76.

"

also 1gal water change once per week. feed DTs and oyster eggs twice per week.

orange diamond sleeper goby, awesome sand sifter, very helpful for slime algae on the sand. but he went carpet surfing, may he rest in peace :(

Gorgeous tank! If you're going to try sps may I recommend porites. It's a pretty tolerant sps and I think it would definitely maintain it's coloration! You could also try a plating monti as that should cover your rock without too many ridges that would break off and I think it should maintain coloration with your lights although I'm rather new to sps. I love your rics and zoanthids! I was wondering if you had any difficulties with ich? It may just be the glass in the picture but your bicolor blenny looked like it might have some. Keep an eye on it to be sure :)

i was thinking about porites, i might look into it, i kinda like having softies....the pic was taken the same day i picked up the fish, it did have a little ich, but it cleared up in a couple days, i have found that as long as your tank is healthy it goes away pretty quickly. he is doing great now, awesome little fish, good 20$ buy.

Undertheradar

Watch out, that diamond sleeper goby is waaaay to large of a fish for a 10g...it will starve in anything less than 80lbs of live sand. I understand its dead now, but dont replace it no matter what. If the carpet surfing wouldnt kill it, your tank would have starved it. As for the blenny, watch out. They get very nasty in 10g tanks because the tank is too small for their territory...so they can en up attacking everything. Also, more than likely, it will figure out that that clam is tasty and start nipping at it. I had a bicolor in a 40g with several clams and within a few months, none of them would open up any more for fear of getting nipped by the blenny. A week after I removed the blenny, my clams were all back out.

i am moving soon, will be upgrading to a 90 g.

also, i had the goby eating shrimp pellets, it would grab them out of the water column when i dropped them in, so it would have survived had it not decided to go on the road...

• 2 weeks later...

the frogspawn has developed a second mouth on one head, and i believe a bubble is forming in the middle. i think its about to split! sweet...also, a couple weeks ago i bought a red serpent star, four legs feel off, i thought was done for, but it is making a nice recovery, will work on getting some pics, but it likes to hang out in dark corners....

• 4 weeks later...

here's an updated full tank shot

the clam is still in there, growing a lot lately, but its been moving down the rock, you can kinda see it behind the frogspawn.

updatedtank.jpg

about four months ago:

tank.jpg

anything's possible right? :D

Very nice. That gives me hope for what I'm looking at on my desk right now - bare live rock. I'd love to not be able to see any of it 4 months from now :D

its all about the water changes! i just made sure to do a 1 gal change per week. top off twice a day, and keep the temperature steady. i only have one or two fish at a time in there, my brittle star tends to eat my fish, so not many stay in there long.

• 3 weeks later...

made some changes to the tank, here is the most updated shot. upper right corner is a BTA i got for 20 bucks. batman hosted in it for about ten minutes then decided the clam was better :/

DSC_0004.jpg

thanks! was gonna name my dog batman, chose zeus instead, regretted it, so now my clown is batman (he used to wear black and yellow back in the day) and my bi-color blenny is robin

ok, this is the most updates, including some new acquisitions

DSCN0087.jpg

here is one of two pink/white yumas i got for 25$ each!

DSCN0088.jpg

another of the same ric

DSCN0089.jpg

the second one

DSCN0092.jpg

and my first blastos! 69$!

DSCN0094.jpg

new zoos

DSCN0097.jpg

and does anyone know what this is? favia?

DSCN0097.jpg

ok, if anyone is till looking at this thread, here are my newest additions:

pinks! this picture does them no justice, even the skirts are bright pink!

Img1407.jpg

Img1406.jpg

Img1411.jpg

most updates tank shot

tank6-16-06.jpg

Archived