Cultivated Reef

Free GSP in Maryland (pick-up)

ecotoxlady

Hey! I'll have to see how everything goes after giving frags to everyone else. My thoughts are that there probably will be some left after :)

Let me know this would be great and of course I will pay for shipping.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frags came in the mail today :D . When i got home the wife already had them in the tank for me. Everything looks great so far some zoas have already started to open. The GSP is still closed up but you already mentioned that. I am sure that they will be fine. I have a question. I have never had GSP and it looks kind of like a sheet of coral right now do i just place it one the rock and let it attach it self? I would also like some to grow on the back glass, do I just place it next to the glass?Thanks again shipping was supper fast and I am very happy. I will let you know how things look when the GSP opens up.

Hey! Well, this whole experience has been mixed. I've had a person who had their frags get too warm and they lost them :tears: I tried to wrap the heat packs up well with papertowels to avoid it getting too warm but I guess in some cases the packages got too warm. For any of you who have problems with things coming around, I will send replacement frags.

Nanospoof, I'm really glad that you got the frags and that everything looks good. Someone who got their frags yesterday are already starting to see some of the polyps peek out in the gsp so give it time. gsp is a hardy coral but fast to hide away when it gets stressed. My colony took almost two days before the polyps were all back out after I fragged it. As far as attaching it, let it get settled in first before you go about gluing it down or you can just leave it free. I have a frag that I had thrown to the back of my tank about a month ago and it's already attached itself to the back wall and started creeping up!

The other main question I've gotten is about the color of the gsp. My gsp for whatever reason is white when it is closed up. One person put it well when they described it as looking like chicken when it is closed up :lol: The white side is the side that the polyps emerge from as can be seen by the bumpy tecture to the leathery surface of that side of the coral. Please, everyone keep me posted on how the frags do. I know they were free but you did pay me for shipping and you deserve to have the corals you wanted. I don't want anyone to be upset if the coral doesn't so well. I'll be checking here time to time and of course after the 25th my life will be a whole lot less stressful. Talk to everyone soon!

Best wishes,

Karen

Hey nano bound, I will have more gsp in the near future but I'm keeping it to the people who've already requested it for the time being. I'll keep you in mind when I have more available though or if anyone passes :)

I should be upgrading my lighting fixture in a few months, i'll be a good boy till then Santa so please keep me on the list! :lol:

i'll pay for all shipping!

Hey O_R, sorry for the delay in response but I've been sick :( I do in fact have some mushrooms although there are a couple of others who have asked that I have to give first pick to. I haven't had time to take pics and likely won't until Mid May as I am extremely busy till then. I'll let you know then!

just wanted to let you know. when i got home last night one of the gsp frags had one polyp open. :) and looked like more were getting ready to open. red and green zoas still looking good. thanks again and hope you feel better.

Archived