Innovative Marine Aquariums

alien eye zoos for sale!

yoshiod9

people werent complaining when PPEs were going for $25 a polyp. lol. Considering many more morphs are rarer than those now, I'm not really sure why anyone is suprsied at the prices. :huh:

Regardless if you or me think they are worth it, when people are knocking down the doors to get them at the asked price, I'd say arent over priced. Supply and Demand, right?

I dont like the pricing of popular coral morphs, but im used to it now. I mean, what if Danny sells his zoas for $1 each and the next guy resells them for $15? I would never let anyone take advantage of me like that. I've had that happen and swore never to be outright nice about stuff like that unless i trust them totally or dont care. Once I gave away a 100g tank to a friend for his snake and he resold it for $100. Yeah, people are jerks. I'm still bitter about that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i bet the only people complaining about the price is people that can't afford them..if you want them, then pay it..if you don't, please allow hobbyist to offer then to other people without hijacking yet another thread..

yoshio, charge as much as people will pay...

The question was not directed at the amount of the price it was why 2 seperate prices. He could sell them for $100 a polyp for all I care but why then ask $150 a polyp in a seperate ad.

3:2 is a considerable difference in price that i felt was something that I would ask yosh

SIX

you never answered would you buy the $200 frag...or the $20 frag, based on your earlier post I assume you are sticking with the $200 frag?

nothing against anyone paying a ton for corals or charging up the butt for them cause i dont care and if i like something ill pay it, but i didnt see anyone crying when tigaboy was selling all his acans or whatnot for a million dollars. same with ppe same with rpe purple hearted emeralds etc.

if the coral isnt worth it to you, great pass on and dont buy it...not that you could aymore because they have all been sold for like umm 2 weeks now

if it is worth it to you then you shoud buy it and be happy about it because these are the real deal....anyway let the thread die because there arent anymore....if you can or cannot pay for them they are gone

ebin-first of all, i didnt "reply" because i posted at the same time as you.

lol. OK, well look at the future here, when popular wild corals are being overcollected because people want cheap coral, eventually the governments are going to take more notice and enforce collection laws.

look at the freshwater hobby. the importation/exportation of zebra plecos have been banned. the animal was expensive to begin with and there were few people with them. now since we cant get them from the wild, only having to pay the people to colllect (what? a few cents a fish? yes.) and flight-frieght fees, there is only a select few that have and are breeding them and the prices skyrocket. once they were $100 for an adult, now are $100 for fry. $500 an adult (highest ive seen).

So, with your school of thinking, collect as fast as possible as heavily as possible to satisfy the demand, eventually this type of thing can and will happen. Its just a matter of time until it does.

I understand your point,(( no offense, but i call it the WalMart Shoppers complex)) where the customer wants the best price regardless of the way they get it. it's great for the present, but the future with that type of marketing is shakey at best.

with coral, sure you can buy X polyps from guy one, and X polyps from guy two, but what is there is no guy two? the price goes up. What if only a few people have them because of an import/export ban? the price goes up.

That's my point. Aquaculturing is the future, and he's on the forfront, accidently, perhaps. Go to any marine aquarium conference and that's what they talk about. If conservation and appreciation is not why youre in the hobby, why are you in the hobby?

SIX

you never answered would you buy the $200 frag...or the $20 frag, based on your earlier post I assume you are sticking with the $200 frag?

I don't know about $200 frags, but I'd pay $15 for a polyp of either yoshiod's alien eyes or 6's yellows. They are way cool, can't easily be found, and I don't mind taking time to grow them out. I just paid $7 for an LFS for a piece of LR that had two orange zoas on them, why not a little more for a beautiful morph?

i bet the only people complaining about the price is people that can't afford them..if you want them, then pay it..if you don't, please allow hobbyist to offer then to other people without hijacking yet another thread..

yoshio, charge as much as people will pay...

I could buy his colony at $15 a polyp easily but Im not dumb enough to front $15 for a polyp of zoa...

But hey if you get ignorant people to pay for them then more power to you

:lockdown:

People are willing and happy to pay the $15/polyp. If people are willing to pay, then 15/polyp is at or BELOW market price. Get off his case, he's done nothing wrong. No one is forcing anyone to buy. So it comes down to this:

If you don't like it, don't buy and quit whining.

crybaby.jpg

...Im not dumb enough to front $15 for a polyp of zoa...

I don't see why I (or anyone else) am ignorant if I see a zoa that I have never seen before (and may never see again) and decide to pay $15 for a polyp.

You can say they are common, you can say that they are easy to find, but I have never seen them, and I really like them.

Plus, there is always the idea that you are helping to finance someone else's interest in the hobby.

I tapped that sentiment just a month ago when I sold some of my equipment in the classifieds. People paid what I asked and I asked for more than what they would pay if they found the stuff at a yard sale or salvation army. Their good-will allowed me to get the LR that I really wanted (which has hitchhiker corals on it) and buy a few other bits of livestock.

So, with your school of thinking, collect as fast as possible as heavily as possible to satisfy the demand, eventually this type of thing can and will happen. Its just a matter of time until it does.

That's my point. Aquaculturing is the future, and he's on the forfront, accidently, perhaps. Go to any marine aquarium conference and that's what they talk about. If conservation and appreciation is not why youre in the hobby, why are you in the hobby?

No my school of thinking is the aquacultured stuff should be the same price, more so cheaper to promote the thoughts and theory behind it. This is how it will be widespread. It starts out cheap and becomes expensive? Say you start aquaculturing you buy a $20 wild frag colony produce 5 frags makeing $100 on your original $20 investment, plus you will still have the original frag to continue to grow out and harvest later. to charge more than the original wild investmate piece is silly, unless you have a greed issue the money you made off this one piece is a great yeild for the investment you put into it.

I don't know about $200 frags, but I'd pay $15 for a polyp of either yoshiod's alien eyes or 6's yellows. They are way cool, can't easily be found, and I don't mind taking time to grow them out. I just paid $7 for an LFS for a piece of LR that had two orange zoas on them, why not a little more for a beautiful morph?

I could buy his colony at $15 a polyp easily but Im not dumb enough to front $15 for a polyp of zoa...

:lockdown:

fosi and pro:

you are on different sides of the fence about the price, but I can imagine would be on the same side of the fence if you bought from a guy for $15 here and saw he was offering the same thing at 2:3 on a different site. this was the case here. I saw it and asked what the deal was. the listing was posted a year ago but the account there is obviously active and the availibility at the time i made the observation was availible. now it is marked at $30 and soon is the availibility.

Fact zoos listed here $15 a polyp

fact same zoos listed at frags.org $10 a polyp

the amount is not the issue the issue was the seller offering several prices.

Not trying to fuel the fight but I did a search for these zoas and I found five online dealers that sale them for $39.00 for a piece with 10 polyps. I guess these things are so rare that they need to be sold for this insane amount. I can't believe what some websites will do to rip us off, geez. Do a search and you will see the websites.

Not trying to fuel the fight but I did a search for these zoas and I found five online dealers that sale them for $39.00 for a piece with 10 polyps. I guess these things are so rare that they need to be sold for this insane amount. I can't believe what some websites will do to rip us off, geez. Do a search and you will see the websites.

how about an actual link...i refuse to believe what you say until i see them with my own eyes. k thx.

No my school of thinking is the aquacultured stuff should be the same price, more so cheaper to promote the thoughts and theory behind it. This is how it will be widespread. It starts out cheap and becomes expensive? Say you start aquaculturing you buy a $20 wild frag colony produce 5 frags makeing $100 on your original $20 investment, plus you will still have the original frag to continue to grow out and harvest later. to charge more than the original wild investmate piece is silly, unless you have a greed issue the money you made off this one piece is a great yeild for the investment you put into it.

fosi and pro:

you are on different sides of the fence about the price, but I can imagine would be on the same side of the fence if you bought from a guy for $15 here and saw he was offering the same thing at 2:3 on a different site. this was the case here. I saw it and asked what the deal was. the listing was posted a year ago but the account there is obviously active and the availibility at the time i made the observation was availible. now it is marked at $30 and soon is the availibility.

Fact zoos listed here $15 a polyp

fact same zoos listed at frags.org $10 a polyp

the amount is not the issue the issue was the seller offering several prices.

have you not bought aquacultured corals yet, ebin? ALL aquacultured corals cost more than wild collected corals because they are more likely to do well in our tanks and for the fact that they are being aquacultured (which costs money...duh!).

ultimately, i feel as though you posted your thoughts in this thread in an attempt to be a troublemaker...although you claimed to have a legitamate question, right? i feel that you could have handled this in PM and i would have been much more receptive to your thoughts. now that i am on the defensive, i feel as though i have to justify every single thing to you. i'm sorry, but i don't work that way. the fact remains that these zoanthids are sold out for the time being and i can charge you whatever the hell i want...it is your choice to pay or not pay. :P

actually dont post the link to the 4 sites that have them for $39. just send the link to me so i can be the first to buy them. thanks.

also, i am shocked at how rude reefers can be. this thread proves a great point that most reefers think they are higher and mightier than other reefers. let each reefer do what he/she wants to do with the corals they keep.

my mom always told me that if i didnt have anything nice to say, i shouldnt say anything at all. i wish more of us could get off our highhorse and just enjoy our own personal pursuit of the ideal reef tank and let others do the same in peace.

the fact remains that these zoanthids are sold out for the time being and i can charge you whatever the hell i want...it is your choice to pay or not pay. :P

No the fact of the matter is that there are alot of people here that paid you money for something you offered for less on another site. That is wrong and I called you out on it. I feel that this site is cool for it's classified section where we can trade, sell frags, and what else not. but Maybe the site should get a kickback of your profit since you used thier forums to charge it's members more than what you offered the same of somewhere else.

to me that would not only raise a question in my head if I did purchase from you at any price, but i think the administration here should think about looking into you shilling your wares for higher prices here to it's members than you offer elsewhere.

the amount is not the concearn it is your selling that made me think there was something wrong.

I agree with dmccrary. It is hard enough to get the corals we all want without having to sacrafice our first born to buy them. I will not post a link for them, I said I did a search and got them so they can do the same. I wasn't trying to steal his thunder, I wanted to give insight that's all. So if they want to be like that then more power to them, they are hundreds of miles from me so not like I have to worry about waht they think. To each their own.

PRORAPTOR.........THANKS FOR THE GREAT POST. I feel bad for people that got RIPPED off by this idiot. Man, you wanna scam people, sell these 15.00/poly. of ZOOS OF ALL THINGS ON EBAY. Not here, thought this was a place for real reefers to be cool. Obviously you are not one of them. I ANNOUNCE A BOYCOTT OF ANYTHING YOU EVER SELL:))))))))))))))))) Tell you the truth, I wouldn't even pay a buck a Polyp:) What a scam you are, let's see those links.

yoshiod9........YOU SUCK SCAM ARTIST. WHY DON'T YOU SHOW US YOUR ZOOS IN YOUR AVATAR........CAN'T BECAUSE THEY ARE ADOBE PHOTOSHOPPED..............:) SCAM ARTIST. Can't believe anyone in their right mind would pay 15.00 for a freakin zoo, what a joke.

RIP---OFFFFFFF-AAAAAA-----THON:)))))))))))))) DON'T BUY FROM THIS GUY AGAIN:)

No the fact of the matter is that there are alot of people here that paid you money for something you offered for less on another site. That is wrong and I called you out on it. I feel that this site is cool for it's classified section where we can trade, sell frags, and what else not. but Maybe the site should get a kickback of your profit since you used thier forums to charge it's members more than what you offered the same of somewhere else.

to me that would not only raise a question in my head if I did purchase from you at any price, but i think the administration here should think about looking into you shilling your wares for higher prices here to it's members than you offer elsewhere.

the amount is not the concearn it is your selling that made me think there was something wrong.

wow, let me try again. the frags.org listing hadn't been updated in over a year...is that my fault? maybe, but if you want to be the frags.org police man and go around harassing every single seller on rc or n-r that has a frags.org account, feel free. i think that the administration will side with me on this issue as i have always been an upstanding member of this forum and others and don't see that i have broken any rules.

-danny

I agree with dmccrary. It is hard enough to get the corals we all want without having to sacrafice our first born to buy them. I will not post a link for them, I said I did a search and got them so they can do the same. I wasn't trying to steal his thunder, I wanted to give insight that's all. So if they want to be like that then more power to them, they are hundreds of miles from me so not like I have to worry about waht they think. To each their own.

i did a search and couldn't find them. i tried, "alien eyes, for sale", "alien eyes, zoanthids", and "alien eyes, zoanthids, sale" and found NOT A SINGLE SITE selling these. so, seriously, put up a link for just one of the sites as proof. please. lol.

PRORAPTOR.........THANKS FOR THE GREAT POST. I feel bad for people that got RIPPED off by this idiot. Man, you wanna scam people, sell these 15.00/poly. of ZOOS OF ALL THINGS ON EBAY. Not here, thought this was a place for real reefers to be cool. Obviously you are not one of them. I ANNOUNCE A BOYCOTT OF ANYTHING YOU EVER SELL:))))))))))))))))) Tell you the truth, I wouldn't even pay a buck a Polyp:) What a scam you are, let's see those links.

yoshiod9........YOU SUCK SCAM ARTIST. WHY DON'T YOU SHOW US YOUR ZOOS IN YOUR AVATAR........CAN'T BECAUSE THEY ARE ADOBE PHOTOSHOPPED..............:) SCAM ARTIST. Can't believe anyone in their right mind would pay 15.00 for a freakin zoo, what a joke.

RIP---OFFFFFFF-AAAAAA-----THON:)))))))))))))) DON'T BUY FROM THIS GUY AGAIN:)

wow, i think you might be in for a ban warning...or a ban...since you used profanity in the pm's you sent to me...and for the blatant disregard of the n-r user agreement. in closing, the claim that my avatar zoanthids were/are photoshopped is in poor judgement. these are the pics of the colony taken with a flash...i don't have any pics without flash...sorry.

blueangelcloseup.jpg

blueangelcropped.jpg

Archived