ReefCleaners.org

alien eye zoos for sale!

yoshiod9

I will be putting mine under 20k MHs. I look forward to seeing them change colors. It will be cool. For the first couple of days I will keep them under PC actinics only to get used to my tank. Then when the MHs come on... Watch out!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enough Cheddar to set up an ENTIRE system, from a small Zoa Colony.....

AMAZING

D

amazing is the perfect word choice! i feel i could have gone up to 20 per polyp and would have still had people buying them all. this coloration of zoanthids are never sold... that being said, thanks to everyone from here and RC that bought some! you really helped move my tank upgrade to the forefront! all i need now are a couple tunzes and i'm good to go!

thanks again!

amazing is the perfect word choice! i feel i could have gone up to 20 per polyp and would have still had people buying them all. this coloration of zoanthids are never sold... that being said, thanks to everyone from here and RC that bought some! you really helped move my tank upgrade to the forefront! all i need now are a couple tunzes and i'm good to go!

thanks again!

No problem!!!!! I am very happy with my zoas. You were very easy to deal with and very professional.

• 2 weeks later...

well that was a year ago....dont care to butt heads but this is market price. anyway thanks danny, i love the polyps i got from you. they are awesome and well worth the cost for everyone that bought them

Ebin, don't be an instigator.

Danny, kudos. Nice guy; I've bought/traded zoas with him, and he's 100% professional.

Not being an instigator I was just posting that it sucks he went up on the price. $10 a polyp to $15 a polyp is quite a significant jump. Would he still give the advertised $10 per polyp price if the buyers here went through frags.org to acquire them? really food for thought. I also see yoshi9 is advertising some zoos at $30 a polyp on frags.org, if he follows his last practice those zoos would be offered here for $45 a polyp.

I am by no means knocking the zoos he is offering, or yosh he is a cool guy. however I am getting the same feeling i got when I would see those acans skyrocket for no other reason than lining of pockets.

again c7 I by no means am calling yosh unprofessional, or saying he is a cheat, or a jerk...just pointing out a question that was on my mind.

I'd recommend changing the OP. :flower:

Wow, you sold 50 polyps at $15 each? You are ROLLIN' in the dough! :bling::bowdown::lol:

No kidding....

The post was a year old. I still have frags on frags.org of corals I no longer even have. I still occasionally get emails every month or two, but just write them back saying I have no frags and that it's a VERY old post. (You can check the dates on everything). I suppose I could go back and change them, but this is real life.

at frags.org there are new frags posted...the same zoas are up for sale...obviously the account is active on frags.org...This would "in real life" as you put it be a good indicater the ad for polyps is still a good one. I still have not seen yosh give an answer to my question, just you jumping in...

I do believe I asked the ringmaster a question so why am I hearing the elephant chime in?

You are instigating c7 I refuse to debate semantics with you. it was a clear question asked not to you but to the poster of this thread. the question is valid and it gets to the point without flaming , instigating, or accusing. get off my back. I only wondered why the same zoas are advertised for a considerable amount less somewhere else by the same person.

i am sure there is an explination, but the explination should come from yosh not you c7.

I do believe I asked the ringmaster a question so why am I hearing the elephant chime in?

Smackdown.

Instigating is what c7 does best.

wakeupdrowzy

i came across this zoo a 3 month back, bought it for 10 buck for a good 2X2 frag, i didn't though it was anything, so i gave some away to friends, didn't know they were rare and expensive, still have some in the tank (the exact same one), to me they dont even look that good, just someone put a fancy name and call it rare, i just bought a large frag of this variety again, don't look exactly like the one here, but got yellow eye, and baby blue/purple outside,

just an input, i do came across this quite often at the LFS here in southern california it's not rare or expensive but an item that people pass by.

i came across this zoo a 3 month back, bought it for 10 buck for a good 2X2 frag, i didn't though it was anything, so i gave some away to friends, didn't know they were rare and expensive, still have some in the tank (the exact same one), to me they dont even look that good, just someone put a fancy name and call it rare, i just bought a large frag of this variety again, don't look exactly like the one here, but got yellow eye, and baby blue/purple outside,

just an input, i do came across this quite often at the LFS here in southern california it's not rare or expensive but an item that people pass by.

yup. Diff. strokes, for diff. folks tho. That's one of the best things about reefing!

D

I'm glad Danny got what his corals are worth out of them. He's aquaculturing them and furthering the hobby, not just buying and reselling coral like many "propagators" do (ehem, online dealers and such that sell for less)

. I would have traded you my yellows tho I've had people complain they weren't worth $15 a polyp. As floorlord said, to each their own. :P I'll just keep my morph until the right person/trade comes along. B)

wow...sooooo...i didn't know that this thread had all these responses! lol. next time a flame fest is going on over me, someone feel free to shoot me a pm, mmkay? lol.

ebin- the price i had listed these at on Frags.org was $10 bucks and was almost a year old and hadn't been updated. i recently upped the price to $30 or something ridiculous to stop people from bothering me with all the damn PMs (i am still receiving pms via nr and rc asking for some of the zoos)...i find putting a high price per polyp negates most of the emails/pms that i receive on a daily basis. finally,

I also see yoshi9 is advertising some zoos at $30 a polyp on frags.org, if he follows his last practice those zoos would be offered here for $45 a polyp.
that seems like you are instigating to me...besides, if you have a problem with my pricing, refer yourself to the first post i made on this thread...
if you don't like the price, please don't give me crap...cuz i won't care what you say.

icenine- i didn't sell all of the polyps...i sold maybe 30 or so but traded the other 20 away for liverock and a iwaki md55rlt.

wakeup- if that is true that you find these everywhere and they are run-of-the-mill, fantastic! how bout you post some pictures of them, ok?? my thoughts are that what you have look 'similar' (i use that word loosely, till i see photographic evidence) to these but are not the actual alien eyes. :) there is a difference, believe me...but please, post some pics, if you have them, that's really cool!!

oh, and thank you to six, caesar and whomever else stuck up for me...i didn't know that this thread was still alive and i appreciate you guys helping me out.

oh, and liz...i'll trade for some of those yellows when my alien eyes grow out! i know how hard true yellow zoos are to come by. :)

Yeah paying $15 a polyp of zoa is a rip-off-a-thon I dont even think they look all that cool....

you might think that $15 is a 'rip-off-a-thon' but seeing how i spent more time looking for these zoos than you have been a member of n-r.com, your opinion really does not matter to me. plus, if you actually were a zoanthid freak, you would know how difficult these are to come by and why i charge what i do...which is actually cheaper than what i've been offered for them and i had offered people for them when i wanted them (read: NO ONE SELLS THESE and not many own them anymore).

ebin- the price i had listed these at on Frags.org was $10 bucks and was almost a year old and hadn't been updated. i recently upped the price to $30 or something ridiculous to stop people from bothering me with all the damn PMs (i am still receiving pms via nr and rc asking for some of the zoos)...i find putting a high price per polyp negates most of the emails/pms that i receive on a daily basis. finally, that seems like you are instigating to me...besides, if you have a problem with my pricing, refer yourself to the first post i made on this thread...

oh, and thank you to six, caesar and whomever else stuck up for me...i didn't know that this thread was still alive and i appreciate you guys helping me out.

As I said in my first original post it was an inquery to the two sales as they were 2 seprate prices for the same zoo and I was asking for a clear up. you came here and did just that and it is appreciated.

as for saying the post you quoted saying it was instigating...actually reread it you will see there was nothing written that were not pure facts based on the numbers.

$10 to $15 a polyp works to 3:2. and $30 a polyp would in fact wouk out to $45 at 3:2. Really pretty simple mathmatics (not to mention blackjack payoff odds)

sticking up for you was not needed I just wanted an answer to a simple question (which you cleared up with a simple answer) thier "sticking up" was more of throwing rocks trying to esclate an arguement (a common practice of c7)

again thanks for clearing things up yosh it is appreciate.

SIX:

selling aquacultured for more does not further the hobby it harms it as i know I will always want to pay less, what would be the point of going out of my way to pay more? a guy buying colonies cheap and growing frags to sell at inflated prices is the last thing that will get hobbyist to make the switch to buying strictly aquacultured.

ask yourself this.

guy 1 has a 20 polyp red zoo frag wild for $20

guy 2 has the same 20 polyp zoo cultured frag for $200

you honestly will tell us you will pay the $200 over the $20?

i bet the only people complaining about the price is people that can't afford them..if you want them, then pay it..if you don't, please allow hobbyist to offer then to other people without hijacking yet another thread..

yoshio, charge as much as people will pay...

Archived