Coral Vue Hydros

Nano-Reef.com Featured in latest issue of Aquarium Fish Magazine!

DLN

The author is Scott W. Michael, and you can get issues early if you subscribe to the mag. Anyone here subscribe to any mags? Maybe one of us here on this site can submit articles to AFM for publication? Then the nano-madness can spread!

Boo-yah!

Chris, you had better get a few more of those nano-tanks ready for sale! ;)

And don't forget the increased bandwidth from all of the free-publicity either. Just imagine the $$$ value of a 5 page article? Anyone know what a full page ad sells for in that rag?

Start sweeping the house boys and girls!!! Company is coming! :P

For anyone who hasn't tracked down a hardcopy, it just hit my local newstand.

I especially like the bad a$$ Steene's dottyback with the cartoon conversation bubble on the cover.

yea i got it a week ago from my lbs. very nice. i have never heard of the eel that he reccomends for a nano has anyone??

http://www.themarinecenter.com/goldendwarfeel.htm

satch,

where have you been? this was discussed weeks ago. don't make me flame you! :P you don't get newbie immunity! :D

the eel ain't for the faint of heart. you can't even bring up the link from their own website. you'll probably be paying for the actual dive session to bring one of these bad boys up from the reef. beaucoup bucks! :o

Completely missed that one. Flame me if you must, I can take it.

Says: "Contact us to get on the waiting list"

Don't think this one's in the cards for me. Sounds like trying to get reservations at Babbo's. Sweet looking eel though.

"Only the tiniest of fish and invertebrates are at risk of being eaten."

not nano safe as only the tiniest of fish and inverts fit in the nano.

Satch, you want reservations? gimme a call. I got a client who's sole job is to procure reservations for high net worth clients at one of the largest brokerage firms. The only spot she has yet to get an in at is Rao's and she told me she was going to have that nailed down soon.

Hey Satch, they have one of those down at Hanover Pet. I know it was in the 3 digit price range and really paid it no mind but considering you, Tiny and Crak are basically local to it, I thought I would bring it up. I would call first to make sure they still had it if anyone was thinking of purchase since I remember it from a month or so ago. I think they called it a banana eel.

Very good to know, thanks. I'm nowhere near being called a high net worth client, so I appreciate the in. Everytime we've tried to go to Babbo's I get shut out. Tried without success last Friday, as a matter of fact. Settled for this this fairly new Thai place called Wild Ginger in the West Village. Nice joint, good eats, and very reasonable if you're looking for something new.

I'm not a high net worth client either. She does me the favor of getting me reservations when I need them. I don't use her too often as I don't want to overstay my welcome but she has yet to fail me.

I should be seeing her in the next couple of weeks so pick some dates and times and we will try and get you a table.

Thanks Liquid. I've never been to Hanover Pets actually, but have been meaning to get down there.

While the amount of money I've spent on reefs so far is bordering on obscene, three digits for one animal is a little farther than I'm willing to take it.

I was a little disappointed with the article. After reading the cover "Create a Thriving Nano Reef" I was expecting something juicy only to find the article was about small fish. I hope it was only part one.

thannnks liquid (muwhaahaa!), HP is just down the road! first come, first serve!

actually, i missed that the last time i was in but then again jeff's been adding a load of new tanks lately.

last time i was in i was just getting an orchid dottyback so i didn't pay much attention. in and out. he does tend to get unusual specimens at times.

Archived