Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Another 40B on N-R.com...

jeremai

what are the dimensions of your tank?

36" by something by something else... sorry, I'll do a search really quick, I'm not at home.

Edit: 36"x18"x16". Called a 40 Breeder, but it holds 45 gallons.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a new FTS. It was taken last week; there's no more cyano on the sand. There are still a couple patches of hair algae, but my new lawnmower blenny, Poncho, is working industriously at removing it.

th_Tank004.jpg

And my new conch:

th_Tank006.jpg

Well, when the lights for my tank turned on this morning, I found about fifty of these little buggers attached to the glass:

th_Tank.jpg

Lucky me.

Right, so I lost Poncho. Haven't seen him in a couple days... we'll see if he turns up down the road.

Found a few tiny brittlestars when I was cleaning the glass and disturbed some rubble. It's crazy - there were only about 6 lbs of live rock in this tank, the rest was dry. All the rock came from a 10g that was up for almost a year, but I never saw any bristleworms or brittlestars in that tank.

Edit: I did just set up an in-tank fuge with a big clump of chaetomorpha... hmm...

• 3 months later...

Holy moses, I forgot all about this, hehe. I've got an order for three flower anemonies, two gorgonians and a shaving brush algae coming tomorrow, I'll give updates then. Geez, this tank looks completely different now...

Woo hoo! I ordered my seagrass today, it should ship Tuesday and arrive around Thursday. I had waited to buy it because the shipping was astronomical at the two online vendors that sell it. BUT I found a new vendor, SeaNursery.com, and the prices rock!

Ok, I'll take some photos when the grasses come in and everything has settled down. Cheers! :)

Well, my new seagrass has arrived. All I have to say is: omgomgomg

See, I'm at work. The seagrass is at my flat. I had a buddy of mine accept it and unpackage it; he said it was in ziplock baggies, hehe. He put it in my tank, but it kept getting caught on the gorgonians, so he "stuck it in the sand". Probably not very gently. So, again I say: omgomgomg

I'll be home in three hours; hopefully everything is still kosher. :(

I'm way behind the times because I just saw this thread, but wanted you to know that I had a Quiet One 4000 that sucked, too. worked for about 2 hrs on my CL and then completely quit. Replaced it with a QO 6000 and it works OK but is noisy. will never buy another one

I’m looking forward to seeing the new seagrass. I have to admit that I would love to setup a seagrass tank with a wavemaker. It’s funny how this hobby keeps you wanting to try new things. Pics please! :)

Hi.

I'll get some farewell shots up soon, as my computer is on the fritz again.

I say farewell because I am transferring everything to a 29g tank soon. My 40 is destined to be the sump of a 135g bohemoth I'm setting up for a friend. Good times. :)

So yeah, I'll post a few photos on here soon, then start a new thread for the 29. Cheers!

I'll get some farewell shots up soon, as my computer is on the fritz again.

I say farewell because I am transferring everything to a 29g tank soon. My 40 is destined to be the sump of a 135g bohemoth I'm setting up for a friend. Good times.

Thanks for sharing your 40B with us jeremai! It was a nice tank. Although it is being torn down, I’m sure that you will have a great time with the 29g and the 135g that you are helping with; your clownfish will think that she’s back in the ocean.

Archived