inTank Media Baskets

Why the Nanocube is better than the AP

reefgaurd

The Nanocube 2006 way dominates over the Aquapod. The Pod has greener glass, the chamber walls have a higher concentration of polydextrose (leading to a slight chance that if they melted under higher temperature they would leak out toxins), and plus, I heard that their lights would explode and shadder if left on for more than 26 hours.

Besides any of these other reasons, Current uses slave child labor in Micronesia and they use baby-seals to lubricate all their cooling fans.

NANOCUBE ROCKS, AQUAPOD SUCKS!

JMO...

While I can't say anything first hand about the Aquapod, I think the amount of Nano Cube and JBJ bashing in here has gotten a bit tiresome. Newbies post saying they've bought one, and immediately someone (and it's really only a couple of people) immediately shout down on them that they should have bought an Aquapod instead and to take it back. Or they post stuff like "Oh, that looks neat but I wouldn't buy it because it's made by JBJ."

To these people I say, "Go back to the general forum if you want to **** on the Nano Cubes, and remove yourself from the Nano Cube forum."

child labor? baby seals? i just bought a lamp from them!!! Well, since there are no fans in what i bought then no baby seals so id doesnt realy matter to me.

the aquapod has 50% higher lumen output... suck on that, Cube!

Ya, but what you don't know is that the aquapod has 50% more when comparing the lights when they're off. When you turn them both on, the Cube has about 53% more lumen.

Besides, their customer service blows goats. I called them to ask about a new skimmer I bought from them but they were absolutely rude to me. I asked to talk to the manager and even he was a complete jackass to me too, giving me dismissive answers and insulting my personal hygiene. I asked him, "why are you so rude to your customers?" and he said "cause f**k 'em, that's why."

...outrageous, simply outrageous.

They both stink.

Both tanks have a poor history of one of the rather essential tasks for aquariums, holding water.

Just who has a 26 hour photoperiod anyway?

...and BTW what is life sand?

Aquapod ...aquapood

I believe that Current was recently identified as a democracy hating member of the Axis of Evil and are next on the list...

i dont own a AP but if i did im sure it would have been like that nano fission i used to have, sucky as hell. From the looks of it the ap still has lots to be fixed that the cube already has fixed.

-Jon

They both stink.

Both tanks have a poor history of one of the rather essential tasks for aquariums, holding water.

Just who has a 26 hour photoperiod anyway?

...and BTW what is life sand?

You are so out of the loop! You never heard of life sand? No wonder you have such an ill-formed opinion of JBJ. I guess I can't blame you for being ignorant.

Aquapod sucks and anyone who says JBJ "stinks" also suck, and, I might add, are for the Nazis.

I know this is futile but since I have experience with both products I figured I would give a logical quick review.

Functionally I like the Aquapod better

1) Its Wider which theoretically makes the event of a crack less likely

2) Due to its width upgrades to 15" 32watt bulbs will be quite easy

3) Built in surface skimmer (Though the 12 is fixed but easily modded)

4) Higher water volume (with the 12 at least)

Aesthetically I like the Nano Cube better

1) Lid fits better and has an overall better look to it

2) False wall looks way better the Pods is cheesy

Both look very nice having everything built it. Depending on your water level both will allow the use of a Hydor Flo without splashing. It just depends on your personality which to choose and I would highly suggest checking out both products in person before purchasing and not listen to the Ranting of children.

Ya, but what you don't know is that the aquapod has 50% more when comparing the lights when they're off. When you turn them both on, the Cube has about 53% more lumen.

Besides, their customer service blows goats. I called them to ask about a new skimmer I bought from them but they were absolutely rude to me. I asked to talk to the manager and even he was a complete jackass to me too, giving me dismissive answers and insulting my personal hygiene. I asked him, "why are you so rude to your customers?" and he said "cause f**k 'em, that's why."

...outrageous, simply outrageous.

who said this to you? what company?

who said this to you? what company?

The fourth nation of the Axis of Evil

I know this is futile but since I have experience with both products I figured I would give a logical quick review.

Functionally I like the Aquapod better

1) Its Wider which theoretically makes the event of a crack less likely

2) Due to its width upgrades to 15" 32watt bulbs will be quite easy

3) Built in surface skimmer (Though the 12 is fixed but easily modded)

4) Higher water volume (with the 12 at least)

Aesthetically I like the Nano Cube better

1) Lid fits better and has an overall better look to it

2) False wall looks way better the Pods is cheesy

Both look very nice having everything built it. Depending on your water level both will allow the use of a Hydor Flo without splashing. It just depends on your personality which to choose and I would highly suggest checking out both products in person before purchasing and not listen to the Ranting of children.

You forgot #5 for the Aquapod:

5) It sucks on ice

And you forgot #3 for JBJ:

3) It rocks

Come on. If you're going to give neutral advice, be accurate.

I have a nanocube but I use a current-usa bulb. I emailed them saying I had a problem with my bulb not firing right away and they mailed me a new one for free.

They both suck a$$.

Spend a bunch of money, spend more money moding it, spend more money buying what you should have in the first place.

Never had either just my observations.

Go custom from the get go, spend the same amount, and have a kick a$$ set up.

I didn't do much modding on mine. Well, I cut the front pane of the tank, and I cut the left side of a 50 gallon and spliced the two together, effectively creating 50 more gallons of volume...that was a real PITA.

I say from personal experiance JBJ is a peice of shiit and all the claims about labore cant be supported I have an AP and love it works make better than the JBJs in my experiance please quit being a frieking troll reefgaurd ur a noob at this site as well. LOL this is a bunch of crappy fitting if you like you carpte wet go by a JBJ.

Archived