Innovative Marine Aquariums

EBIN's 20L FRAMELESS

ebin

Ebin, great looking fish!

You might just want to watch to make sure it doesn't go carpet surfing, I hear wrasses are notorious for that.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got one of the chalice frags to feed during the day.

rlxdzk.jpg

damn algea had a slight out break. lazy clean up crew. anyone know the fastest way to rid this one. it is only on the last batch of cured rock i got a while ago.

rlxfzl.jpg

and finally the 2 little clowns I picked up today.

rlxjdc.jpg

ebin, that is a standard new tank diatom bloom. Every tank will go through a diatom bloom with or with out cured rock. It should disapear in a week or two.

I hate it. never got one before thought those diatom blooms usually only were mostly associated with tap top offs and too much feeding.

guess I was wrong.

semi-asian:

it is gonna be a clam tank mainly.

sadly one of the clowns decided to take the big ride through my plumbing and kicked the bucket.

it was the darker of the 2 clowns.

teeth really won't help I am going to fashion a guard out of eggcrate.

Tomorrow got some bit suprises in store.

Ebin, try using Gutter-Guard for the overflow, it's a plastic mesh. You can find it at most hardware stores.

did not use gutter guard but used a nyln screen.

Diatoms are still slightly hanging around still but the tank is kicking butt. I got a crab that does not wanna behave and it is a mission trying to capture him he is eating the cleanup crew.

Lost the wrasse the theory is a illness due to not qt the clowns:(

now to the good stuff.

got some sps frags today 2 acros and a monti

sd2rmw.jpg

sd31v6.jpg

3rd piece I could not get a good shot of but it is nothing to drool over I will get a good shot soon and post.

Your tank is looking good dude....Im digging the big clam....

I love how no one speaks up about how quiet ones arent really quiet....Ive been preaching this to non listeners forever....LOL

There is only one thing missing....HMMMMMMM

SAND!!!!!!!!

Your tank is looking good dude....Im digging the big clam....

I love how no one speaks up about how quiet ones arent really quiet....Ive been preaching this to non listeners forever....LOL

There is only one thing missing....HMMMMMMM

SAND!!!!!!!!

Thanks pro-raper ;)

I really did not think the clam was that big but now that I look at it it has grown some since I got it.

my quiet one is awesome now. all it took was me literally beating the crap out of it and i don't hear it at all...can't even tell it is running...seriously.

yea yea yea you are a sand fan. well rest assured the sand gods are also looking down shaking thier heads at me :lol:

were you kind enough to put a small glad container of sand under the rockwork for your wrasses to sleep in?? ...if not, you should think about it...i'm sure that they'd appreciate it.

tank looks great, zac!

-danny

Not sure what diameter your overflow tube is, but maybe you could place a bio-ball in there instead of using the mesh. Just an idea.

daniel I had not even thought of that. the wrasses has however taken home in an snug little cave.

phun it is 1 1/2 inch I kinda like the mesh it gets the job done. but I will look into the more streamline biobal idea.

kogurt thx i was gonna get another clam today but my cell phone broke and I didnot have extra cash.

full tank shot. I got a new clam today it is the smaller one on the right. not too hot on it's shape I got it in it reacts well to lighting but could use some tlc in the mantle dept. hope I have luck making it as beautiful as I know it can be.

ta3neq.jpg

ice I kinda like the nozzle. It was the only 3/4 to 1/2 straight reducer I could find locally to me. I need one more, so if I find a black one I will replace both.

Archived