Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

EBIN's 20L FRAMELESS

ebin

Got the tank back from the glass place they did a good job it was ANDYS glass in temecula. 2 holes for $24 that was tax included.

started siliconing the sump not too sure if I like how low the water level will end up it is more the hieght may be too low for my skimmer.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well got started on the sump, to bring the water level up some I made the divider a bit higher, it may make working in the sump a bit trickier, but the added volume will ge great.

o8c9di.jpg

Wanna wait on the rest till I get the filter sock so I can fashion the bracket for it and make first compartment as small as I can get away with. there will be a fuge in the center with mostly live rock, and reef mud so I can get the nutients factor in the system as the display is gonna be barebottom.

here is the real owner of the tank my beautiful daughter she has been reefing since she was about 2 months old.

o8ccch.jpg

Reefer Addict
you should have been there ra

I wish I was able to go.

Thinking about it though...maybe it was good that I didn't go. It could have derailed my plans concerning the planning of my "Ultimate" Live Rock Speicies tank... B)

Reefer Addict
Got the tank back from the glass place they did a good job it was ANDYS glass in temecula. 2 holes for $24 that was tax included.

I may need to give them a call. Looking to get some custom work done for the top of my hex...

I may need to give them a call. Looking to get some custom work done for the top of my hex...

good you will be in my neck of the woods and we can get a beer.

It will be on my tab as long as you drink Guinness... B)

seriously.... you called out my favorite beer. see we were meant to be friends.

well like I said before I finished the last compartment of the sump where the return will be and I wanted to be sure it was leak tested before continuing, so today I filled it after the silicone had a chance to fully cure.

o93ehl.jpg

it sat for about 7 minutes and no leaks...now I can get started in the other compartments.:cool:

well got another divider in the sump, I was able to wrestle up a fairly small filter sock from marine depot. the diameter is like 4" so I made the compartment where the overflow is 3". the sock should go nicely in there. just need to make a brace to hold it.

o9h7di.jpg

and another pic of the progress

o9his2.jpg

just taking it slow and easy.

Got the second pannel in almost done.

o9prhv.jpg

I put the second pannel 1/2 inch from the first it looks real close but at 10 inches long and 1/2 inch wide there should be plenty of flow.

o9ppj9.jpg

not too bad I am just not too happy with how high the water level will be in the sump...thank god for check valves!

I'm betting those baffles break. I used a similar if not the same thickness baffles on an old tank and the silicone released them because of the warping. Its allot easier to correct the problem now before your tank is relying on it.

I'm betting those baffles break. I used a similar if not the same thickness baffles on an old tank and the silicone released them because of the warping. Its allot easier to correct the problem now before your tank is relying on it.

Like I said earlier in the thread I load tested the baffles with it filled all the way up on just one side of the baffle, this not only tested for a leak but the pressure during the test was so much greater than what the pressure on the baffles will be during it's intended use.

I do see your concern and my test appeared to be a valid disproof of it (as I too thought the same), but hey in reefing there is no guarentees, so I will cross that brige if it comes.

On a different note my pump cane today I bought it used but if it was I can't see how it has never seen water. It fit perfectly in my sump. i am thinking about a way to maybe keep down vibration and deaden sound. UPS came by but did not leave a seperate box may have been the plumbing I ordered, or my filter sock and chemicals... who knows it will be here tomorrow when I get off.

Good start, and thanks for the informative stockman style pipe pics, hehe ....yea I hear ya man, glass is the way to go for me right now as well, I have my 55g, and its acrylic, its scartched to all heck, and I was super careful, so I am switching to starphire for my next tank, a proposed 60g cube. I will post when I have it up and running.

take care

David

Well got my order from marine depot the filtersock fits snugly in the section I coulden't have gotton it to fit better.

ogc58h.jpg

I really wanted a fairly small sock and it should work nicely. IMO

ogc7zn.jpg

My skimmer and pump fit nicely.

ogc8zm.jpg

I just have the third pannel on the one side to silicone in and I will be trimming down the pannels by one inch to make it a bit easier to work with and give myself a bit more slack in the overflowing precautions dept.

Did not turn out too bad for about $33, and some patience/time.

just a few more finishing touches and it will be ready for the tank.

what you all think?

Thanks travis. (samoyedreading the threads you post in sometimes help make inteligent, pleasent, comments.)

oh almost forgot this bad boy fits very nicely in the stand.

ogclk6.jpg

oh yea next diy is the ballast shelf....

still trying to figure out what I wanna do with the standpipe.......

pili I am gonna hide the pipe with rock rubble siliconed to it...it is the actual am I gonna do the durso I built or just run a grate/slot open pipe.

Well I just cut down the pannels.....man I wish I would have done that before they were installed into the sump.:rolleyes:

turned out good, not real pretty but very good and all the same level. (i friggen hope)

Now with the level dropped down I got the water volume that can be dumped back into the sump before overflowing at 2.5 gallons (rc calc says 2.7 but lets say 2.5)

this gives me some room to play with and my skimmer pump will still set under the water.

I ordered the kents tech parts a&b I really don't like dripping kalk as I have not found a good system of it I am comfortable with. I was told the kents is a grerat alternative anyone have experiences with it?

well still waiting on the bulkhead so I can get this thing plumbed.....

I am really still trying to figure out a standpipe idea I like...

oh and I got my drain line plumbed in today

oqyb5v.jpg

Archived