Pod Your Reef

2.8 pico with overflow DIY

Ishtar

so I got the light to work and installed it and a 4 inch fan. I monitored the temp for two days low of

76 without light and fan

102 with light only

78-80 with light and fan

I am going to install a second fan and watch temp with both on. I figure I would hate to lose my livestock because a fan stopped and the tank turned to a spa.

Hopefully two fans wont be to cold, but i doubt it.

Sorry this is Ishtar using petes computer

yeah man I am sorry for the slow pics its my friends cam

right now it is running with the MH and is looking awsome. I got a 1.5 inch mantis that is hidding and finding his comfort zone. Some local reefers in my club are donating some really nice corals.

I got to get some pics going.

Pic update. I got my american dj power switch that I will run all my power through so I will never have to unplug a plug again.

The other pics are just updates with the new lights and the canopy I added some hinges, and inststalled a computer fan.

The other pic is my first frag added, donated by my brother.

post-18391-1140842861_thumb.jpg post-18391-1140842892_thumb.jpg

I am strill learning the cam

post-18391-1140843188_thumb.jpg

this is the tank I have to the right of the main tank where I will keep my hermit crabs for the mantis. In the desk lamp is just screw in coral life 10w

post-18391-1140843559_thumb.jpg

post-18391-1140843583_thumb.jpg

Check ebay I think you can get one for around twenty bucks. Since it is the only tank I have now I really want it to be nice. I will set it all up tomorrow morning. No more unplugging. Its called americandj.com I think my model as1000 or something.

The dj switcher is awesome. I just finishing mounting it so it looks flush with the desk. PIcs come when my friend comes over with the cam.

Next purchase... cam.

I am very happy with the switchboard. I did my first water change since having it. All it took was a couple of flipped switches and no unplugging. WORD!post-18391-1141344878_thumb.jpg

Here is an updated pic of new work space.post-18391-1141345025_thumb.jpg

I am very happy with the switchboard. I did my first water change since having it. All it took was a couple of flipped switches and no unplugging. WORD!post-18391-1141344878_thumb.jpg

Here is an updated pic of new work space.post-18391-1141345025_thumb.jpg

I like the look of that, it also sounds good to not have to unplug stuff. Keep up the good work

Got the doser in the mail and should set it up soon. It will be a good idea to be home all day to try and get the drip rate as best I can.

dose.jpg

CapHillReef
Got the doser in the mail and should set it up soon. It will be a good idea to be home all day to try and get the drip rate as best I can.

And this way the mantis can control his morphine habit?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I got a one armed Smithii mantis named pete. I heard the basher will grow back in 3-4 sheds from a local proffesor. Here is a pic.

peter.jpg

Archived