SaltCritters.com

Minibow's Only.............

cmagallon

Thanks Gil,

How about a homemade chiller, using the cooling element from a sparklets drinking water chiller. Or a small CPU radiator w/fans! I will be adding a 5.5 gal. Refugium so that may help keep the temp. down .. i will start there.

Thanks for the input….

reefriot, thanks bro!

i got two sand bags, placed a furni. blancket over the bags and nested the bow of the tank in it.

is your tank a 20 bowfront?

some guy on Ebay was selling lots of minibow 7's for 37.50 as the reserve price. I was the only bidder on any of them. I'm not sure if he's still doing that. shipping was 11 bucks.

P.S. Avoid petco. They're bastards.

dang i should start a little 2.5 or 5gal tank just for the heck of it. should have enought sh...i mean crap laying around to do it for nothing

Lunchbucket

Thanks fellows, I’m currently working on my stand and auto-fill set up. I’m using a new windshield fluid dispenser for my auto top-off. It works great. Comes with it’s own container. I will post pictures soon.

thanks.........but it's not the money, if so i would be done by now.

my stand will be finished this week. i will post a picture later today of my auto top-off....

thanks

i'm selling a new RETROfit light set up, picture is on this page. i comes with new bulbs...and electronic ballast can support 2 ,more bulbs for a total of 4. $75 OBO

harbingerofthefish

To all my fellow mini-bowers. I'm looking for anyone who has made a custom lid for thier set-up, thus not using the original hood. I'm not in need of the light or light casing (unless you just want to ditch it too). I need just the bowed black plastic top. I'm looking at mod-ing mine and since it's setup already I think it would be easier to use another to make sure all goes right.

If you didn't already chunk the original hood, please drop me aline.

thanks

harbingerofthevoid@yahoo.com

good luck.....i was looking for one at one time, no luck. if you have ideas on designing one let me know. I have all the plexi in world, I also have a vacuum-form machine.

• 1 month later...

cmagallon - Is the line to the 'fuge going to have a T for the closed loop to the spraybar? Have any pics or updates on the plumbing? Thanks

Sorry, but I am confused. Is the SCWD on your return pump from the fuge splitting the output to the spraybar and the return at the top? If not what is the spraybar attached to?

yes, on the retun pump.

I tried the electronic wave machine, but the noise of the powerhead was annoying, so I decided to go this rout.

Archived