Innovative Marine Aquariums

Minibow's Only.............

cmagallon

I was thinking of starting a new Thread for Minibow's only! Today I start putting together my minibow. All I want to see in my tank is corals. No heater, tubes, power heads, etc. that’s the goal.

Working on:

1-lights: 2 32w PC light (1-10,000k, 1-actinic) w/ WH5 ballast on timer

2-filtration: besides LR LS. Fluval 304 w/out media and I’m installing my heater inside the canister

3-wave machine: basically using an Omron Digital relay/delay timer wired to an external power head unit i'm working on.

4- R/O Top Off reservoir.

I will post pictures of my project soon! Any fellow minibow reefers have comments or question, let me know.

hey adinsxq,

Been their before, it's all interesting I know. But what exactly are you referring to?

Petco has minibows @ $40+ w/PALS card. Reg. $69.99

Join the fun......

I got me a minibow. hang on back fuge, two powerheads for water flow. the heater is in the fuge, the chiller hangs on the side when needed and one of the powerheads comes out. Very little going inside the tank, wiring wise, although there is way too much life in there but I always over do things. If it ain't over the top, it ain't done right.

Nice! Crakeur.

I guess we as Americans believe: more is better. And I’m one, to prove it. The more complex the better it is. Yet theirs simplicity in complexity. For example automatic top-off.

Got any pics?

cmagallon,

Sounds like your creating a monster! I can't wait to see pics of it completed. Im particularly interested in the external powerhead assembly/s you are talking about.

I think adin may have been a tad confused when he posted? He may have been making reference to the MiniBow forum I just added to my site (which noone will probably end up using), but Im not sure of the relevance it has in this thread. Other than the fact that Minibow was mentioned? :D

The Minibow I setup is definitely more along the lines of simple as far as equipment goes, but it has turned out to be a great little tank.

Gil

hey Gil,

love your website and minibow. great job!

as soon as i'm done with external powerhead assembly i will post pictures. it's really simple.

I have posted numerous pics of my lil tank in this here section. just check backwards. Plan on posting some more as soon as the algae backs off (halimeda this time, go figure)

Originally posted by cmagallon

Petco has minibows @ $40+ w/PALS card. Reg. $69.99

not true. my g/f went to petco to check that out for me and its the 5 gallon mini bow that is on sale for 49. ussually 59. that tank is acrylic

holy crap!!!!

my deepest apologies to you sir.

thank you for posting that.

looks like g/f is going back to petco tommorow. are you sure it is still on sale? i see you bought yours on the 12th

buddy of mine got one on Monday. what to see his receipt? J/k:D

why don't you call Ronnie in Burbank and talk to him, then when you go to your store have them call Burbank.;)

god luck and Godspeed

Problem with that is that petco's are franchised and usually do not have the same promotional specials unless they are owned by the same owner. I found that out the hard way when buying an eclipse 3 gallon bow for my daughter on christmas. I argued for 10 minutes until the manager explained it to me. I wish they would have just said it from the start, would have been easy to just say "These stores are independently owned, and we do not own the one that is having that sale so you better go there". Good luck, that is a good deal and will be hoping that special comes around by me, I could go for one of those for that price.

just curious where did you take it to get it drilled? i would like to find a place. even if they won't guarentee it if i can find a ceap enough 20gal its worth a try

Hey reefriot, I had the same problems.I could not find anyone to drill my tank. So I cut the wholes out my self with a dremel. It’s real easy. Took me 45 min for the three holes. Thanks to glazer, oxinyourbox, for pointing me in the right direction. bruceandy's post was just what I needed. This should help.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...=&threadid=7592

thats gonna be a sweet set-up. i was wondering how you placed the tank when drilling. did you just leave it like it is because of the bow front? i think i wanna do 4 holes on a 20h. make a closed loop set-up. i need to check my petco membership. once a year around here petco's send out a coupon for glass tanks a 1.00 a gallon, up to like there 100gal tanks or something like that. could make a nice little set-up for dirt cheap.

thanks for the pics

cmag,

SWEET! I am curious to see if you have any heat issues with the glass in there. I had to remove the glass on ours with a 32watt because was getting a little warmer than I wanted.

Good job man,

Gil

Archived