Innovative Marine Aquariums

10 Hex Upgrade!

Twins Guy

hmm, you got my attention. how far are you from me? my zip is 57006 about 10miles from the west MN border. i have met ToyFreek 1/2way once this summer. got some nice trades. i would be up for it if i don't have TOO much homework or don't work on the weekend

Lunchbucket

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well its been six months-time for me to tear this tank down:D!

but seriously i am graduating to a 34ish gallon tank that i'll surely keep everyone updated on! i attribute my success with this tank to an auto top off (physh1) and the halide. lets just say i'll never go back to pcs/flo/vho alone!

so here's a couple pics-they aren't the greatest but they're all i got...

tg

good question!

the three larger colonies were moved to a foster tank until my new tank is setup. one of the colonies started to lose its color from the inside out and i suspected the issue was water flow (hence the snazzy avatar zzz). in such a tall narrow tank direct powerhead flow is too much but no powerhead is too little. after trying a hadful of configurations i gave up. a friend fostered and nursed him back to health and brought out some awesome new coloration in the other acros! the frags were donated to a fellow reefers tank, where i hope they're doing well! the orange Mont cap had encrusted and was gonna be a bear to remove so i just kept him around. after removing most of the SPS i somehow introduced some pesky planaria/flatworms who proceeded to overgrow the tank. after weeks of siphoning and still making no progress i declared jihad on the bastards and threw down with Quinsulex (couldn't get my hands on salifert flatworm exit). after triple dosing, siphoning carcasses, performing significant water changes, and running carbon the tank looked like crap. all the zoos and shrooms closed for a week or more. the orange cap bleached completely (or so i thought) even the annoying caulerpa i had been battling was cashed. everything has returned to its previous glory (not including the flatworms-well i've seen a few sadly but...(stay tuned))! so that's the story...its been a long 6ish months!

I think you might like a 20L... Lots of aquascaping room, or maybe a standard 40 or 46g bowfront those would all be pretty cool tanks.

right now my 10g is doing ok, but I am saving up for my 40g cichlid tank that I will convert to a FOWRL, then slowly turn into a reef (lighting $ problem...)

Archived