ReefCleaners.org

10 Hex Upgrade!

Twins Guy

:blush:before i post these pics i'd just like to thank everyone for their support and opinions throughout this tyring time, sniffle, sniffle.;) special shout out to g-fer talking me off the supplemental PC ledge! here goes, 175W 10K Ushio in a PFO "icecap" pendant-model HP8MOG, powered by a PFO ballast. she's about 8" off the water! enjoy-and i apologize for 1.2 megapixels worth of resolution. ok, i think i'm getting a sunburn.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
before i post these pics i'd just like to thank everyone for their support and opinions throughout this tyring time, sniffle, sniffle. special shout out to g-fer talking me off the supplemental PC ledge! here goes,
wish more people/businesses shipped priority mail-IME Fedex and UPS are alright-FOR ME TO POOP ON!-

TG, you crack me up dood! You soooo funny.. *snicker*

A big whoppin! CONGRATULATIONS buddy on your own solar system! Looks really sweet!.... hey, was YOUR decision about the actinics...lol But ya know.... you got that cool pendant hangin' there... what say you put some LED's in there huh? yeah yeah, do it, do it! Those little blue shimmer lines dancing across the rock, the low hum of powerheads (this is IN the bedroom right) that soft swishy sound of water..... hmmm, now that I think about it, it will either be condusive to moments of passion or alot of trips to da bathroom in the middle of the nite...hehe (wife says NO tanks in the bedroom... *sniff* )

looking good. now all you need is some frags and a ca reactor to keep up w/ those little bastages :D i really like the 175...not TOO much light gets outside the area of your tank either which is good!

keep us posted

Lunchbucket

i'm just glad the girlfriend didn't veto this light fixture as well.X) its so bright i offered to move it over about a foot further from the desk-little does she know that this will create the perfect cove for a lil calcium reactor. hehe.

so after i add the calcium reactor, what's the next extravagence-i mean necessity i should spend the loot on? lunchy? i think i'm officially out of control...sigh

tg

LOL my name just happens to come up on extravagent equip. i wouldn't call mine extravagent...more like top of the line or neccessities. :D

hmm, how bout a dual temp controller so your temp is ALWAYS stable. micro chiller? an aquacontroller would be nice :D i would love to have one for my pH control on my ca reactor, light timers, temp controller, etc. that would ROCK!!

hmm, maybe some frags, where you at twins guy? i might have some avalable in the spring :D dang dude you are prolly 5hrs max from me. maybe we could hook up in the spring and swap some SPS!!! you have access to sweet corals up there and i have a few nice pieces....lets just trade!!

Lunchbucket

buckethead-

funny you should mention the aquacontroller!!!!!! monday! first stop on the way to my fully automated calcium reactor!

and we should definitely be doing some frag swaps-spring break? not to mention the watertown wedding i'll be at in may? yeah, i look forward to some trades me boy! gonna pick up a couple sps frags on a trade and may hit up dirk too! you familiar with dirk. my apologies to everyone but lunchy for what prolly should've been a pm.

tg

you get a ca reactor? or an aquacontroller?

yeah that would be great. lets do it in may. watertown is 45min straight north on the interstate for me. get some stuff i don't have then we can swap. i would give you a frag of basically every thing in my tank if you want. heck you can come down to brookings and check out the tank if you want :D cut them when you are there!

yeah dirks should be great stuff...heard and seen a lot of good stuff

Lunchbucket

so fellas and fellers...i went and did it...purchased an aquacontroller! with such a small tank and concerns about regulating pH upon addition of a calcium reactor, i thought this was my best investment. rather than going for a decent pH controller-$150 min (BTW-the milwaukee controller i was asking questions about has +/- .2 pH error-far too big for my liking) dual stage temp controller ($150) and maybe a larger wavemaker i'm saving money and adding functionality. (BTW simple appliance X-10 modules used by the aquacontroller are not really acceptable for wavemaker functions). i'm really psyched about the feed mode, seasonal lighting changes and overheating protection. i know this is more of a macro-reef gadget but...eventually i will be upgrading to a larger system of tanks and this was also a consideration. it should be here monday so maybe i'll post some pics and more details about the configuration when i get it up and running. also hoping to score a used CO2 regulator this weekend at a big minnesota aquarium society garage sale. cross yer fingers! laters

tg

damn, you are THE MAN. i wanted to step up to one but i already have all the other stuff and i didn't have the 450 or so for it. but good call man. it doesn't make sense to get the temp controller, wavemaker, and ph controller all seperate....much cleaner set up and ease of use i am sure! i have the milwalkee pH controller and it works great. no complints at all.

well get more pics when you can and we will have to figure out the trading stuff later :D

Lunchbucket

update-

the aquacontroller is shweet! copyright cartman! over the weekend i switched my return pump configuration but still am not happy with it. will "install" the aquacontroller once i get this other crap straightened out. gonna go with a single 606 in the sump as a return pump, then a big ole aquaclear 402 on a wavemaker in the tank-hopefully it won't blow sand everywhere! i also installed my piccolo in the "sump". overnight wet spray magically changed into a dryish foam so i think the tetra 30 air pump-smallest newer model is gonna work perfect! i'd say only the bottom 2" at most of the skimmer are submerged. it was a big weekend for my 10 hex reef! i traded that lil mantis to a macro-reefer from the cities. wound up with 9 SPS cuttings in the deal! wait! once more! so they're only single "branches"-my tank looks rather horny right now! i also picked up a shweet almost army green wild (i know :() acro (BTW-the plan is to grow him up big and eventually captive prop him-so no one else has to buy wild) with his lil comensal crab. doubt it will last long with the holy terror fridmani. may have to take a pic or two tonight. oh yeah almost fergot. i've gotta further modify the stand to hide a calcium reactor-myreef nano-dual, and C02 tank! how the hell i'll pull this off i don't know!-may wind up being a total stand overhaul/rebuild! any questions?

tg

THIS IS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!! nano reefers plotting out EVERY detail and equipment choice instead of upgrading when thier tank suffers or something happens. sounds like you got the plan worked out well.

sweet a ca reactor!! i am gonna DIY 2 ca reactors for my buddies in town soon but i still love my MyReef one :D i have ran it since oct have haven't even used 1/8th of my chamber i bet!!! i should have gotten a smaller one :D

PICS PLEASE! and make sure you get some good SPS so we can trade :P i am looking for a purple rim green cap for my 1st choice at the momment :D

Lunchbucket

buckethead-

the guy i traded with had a purple rim-i wanna say from patrick but he wasn't ready to frag her, yet! under his radiums it didn't look very nice green-i'd say pea soup but purple rimmed nonetheless. may change though as its still a recent addition. i switched out the return pump, put in the minijet 606 and transfered in the 402 for surges. works great! n silent! i'll see if i can snap a few pics of the nicer pieces i got.

find the comensal crab...?

cool, looks good. i have some of the pieces and some i am sure are due to color up differently

please keep in touch and post as many picks as you can :D

nice crab in there by the way. might have you grab me a colony w/ one in it sometime if you find a smallish one

Lunchbucket

that green colony with the crab is only about two inches across. i debated a couple other similar sized frags (most with crabs)-fer about $40, you can't beat that, well i doubt you can! i'm hooked on dirk! gotta figure out someway to neatly hold my probes and top-off return and eventually calc reactor return. any suggestions?

tg

use an acylic table for you probes. just silicone it to the inside of the sump after you have drilled the right holes in it for the probes etc.

crap 40bucks w/ a crab...geeze you aren't comming this way anytime soon are you :D :D

Lunchbucket

SD...not so much but i'm not just posting this stuff to make you jealous, i'd definitely like to help hook you up. maybe we could meet half way sometime? we'll figure something out.

Archived