Coral Vue Hydros

new pics of 20g reef

cal3v

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll trade if your tank is full of lots of nice sps and clams :) yea, the effort time and money have definitely payed off. From when I started out in this hobby with a 55g reef with just NO lights, to this nice 20g. BTW its been set up about a year for any of those interested.

Hey CONGRATULATIONS cal ! ! *hands tank of the month fridge magnet over with a kiss on the chee... oh wait, a hearty warm handshake,hehe*

I posted earlier before you finished putting up all the pics.... all I can say is WOW dude! Very very sweet.... I just got my minibow up and running with the sole purpose of SPS and a clam, got me drooling here as well as planning... If it looks roughly 1/3 as good as yours... (get it? 7 gallons, 20 gallons.....nevermind :P ) I'll be ecstatic!

Thanks Glazer! I don't know about the kiss but a warm handshake works for me. So, when do I get the tank of the month magnet? ;) That minibow should look sweet btw, can't wait to see some pics.

Awesome. What is your dosing schedule? water changes?

You should be ashamed of yourself-it is people like you that get folks obsessed about the hobby and strive to get there own tanks looking as good as yours.

Lol I am glad people would like to have tanks like mine, I think my tank is pretty good honestly, and the one advice I can give to you all is keep it simple. I do water changes every two weeks, I dose kalk in the auto-top off water, and add a teaspoon of baking soda at night and a teaspoon or two of reef advantage calcium during the day.

kevin brocato

On the baking soda and calcium issue, do you do this every day or certain days of the week? I am going to have a 10 gallon so I would add 1/2 tsp. of BS and 3/4 to 1 tsp. of Reef Advantage Calcium I would assume, according to your measurements for the 20 gallon.

Kevin I dose every day because I have a high usage, so I have tailored dosing to my calcium and alk rates. http://www.kademani.com/reefchem.htm Thats a link for calculating and for seeing the balanced amount of calcium vs. alk. I keep my alk around 3.1 and my calcium around 420. MacnReef, your reef looks very nice and will look really good when things grow out more. Try and keep sps towards the top and more lower light corals near the bottom, and the gsp will really spread and you might want to isolate that so it doesn't get too out of hand. Also try and keep the sps in the higher flow areas and the lps in lower flow. hth

hey calvin, sorry if i didnt see this if you said it already, but what do you use to dose for calcium, how much do you use, and how do you dose it? thanks a lot :)

No problem cmoreash. I dose a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in freshwater at night, dripped, and also dripped during the day, 1 or 2 teaspoons of reef advantage calcium. I also have kalk in the top-off water.

Archived