Cultivated Reef

clown with pimples?

CrazyAggie05

ok i know this was brought up in that recent post but i have some more questions...

last night i got a new ture percula. he looked healthly when i got him here in town yesterday, but this morning he had developed white spots around some of his fins and two around his eyes and mouth. he wouldnt eat this morning when i fed the fish, and the sixline was kinda beating up on him. well i wished and prayed and hoped that it wasnt crypto, and that he wasnt about to infest my tank, and lo and behold, all the spots were gone within a few hours. ive been checking the other fish, and havent seen any spots on the others. all of them gobbled up all their food tonight, even the clown.

im interested to hear waht yall think about this. i know that crypto will drop off and reproduce, but that soon? he was clear last night. the sixline had stopped picking on him after the first feeding (i guess he realized the clown is not a competitor), and he ate at the second, so he must not be too stressed out anymore...

what else can yall tell me about the fish "pimples" casued by that other virus?

thanks!

ok...the ich is going to reproduce and kill all your tank...thats what i believed! Ich is always present in your tank and it cant go from one fish to the other...DONT USE COPPER IN YOUR MAIN/DISPLAY TANK! Ich only gets on your fish if they are under bad water quality, poor nutrition, or stress....ALL DUE TO WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEM,i believe in this case it is stress because he was moved from his last home to a new one, but if you feed mysis for a month it will eventually leave(because mysis shrimp is giving him good nutrition!)(when brine shrimp has almost no nutrition!)...and if ich gets worse FW dip the fish! let me tell you, there is a risk to FW dips, get a Cleaner shrimp, it wont fully cure ich...but it helps assist the fight

was this right after you turned the lights on? Where was he/she sleeping when you turned them on. If he was near the sand, I've seen my fish in the morning with sand on them from sleeping near it and hitting it. It's fins would have been the first part to touch the sand...... It normally fell off within half an hour of lights on. If it is infact a disease, make sure the environment of the tank is as good as possible, and make sure it is eating healthy, it will go away (if it's ich). More than likely what it would be if the fish is sick (and it'd be due to stress from moving and adjusting and being picked on)

i dont think it was sand.... it looked more mucousy than grainy if that makes any sense.... my sixline has sand on him when he gets up so i know waht that looks like.... im feeding him a mix of mysis shrimp, emerald entree, and some home brew stuff a friend made tht has wahoo, mahi mahi, tuna, squid, cockle, cyclopeeze, and some algae in it... i think he is eating like a king!

Sounds like ich to me. Your fish is very stressed from the move and the six line beating up on him. You could try getting a cleaner shrimp. It may eat off the parasites. You could also try feading garlic to your fish... just add a little garlic extrac to their food before feeding. I'm not sure how effective the garlic is but it worked for me (I also added a cleaner shrimp).

Do you have a hospital tank?

well it must not have been, b/c he has been fine for days, as well as everyone else, everything seems fine...

Archived