inTank Media Baskets

New tank.. Round corner glass tank

Fant

I definately want it drilled. The only problem is with the tank being made by an asian company. We cant be certain the back or bottom is tempered glass. The tank lanks a plastic rim, so im considering removing the back piece carefully.. and replacing it with a newly cut/drilled piece. Lighting will most likely be a 150 watt double end unit. Not sure on where i will get this from.. Possibly from PSL.. or maybe another company. This tank is going to be a definate long term project.

Great looking tank!

I too have one of these mystery tanks, except mine has a bowed front glass. My GF gave it to me for christmas and Im in the process of getting all the supplies at the moment.

Heres a link: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...p?threadid=6955

I want mine drilled too but like you mentioned there is no way of knowing if its tempered or not. So Im probably going to go with a HOB fug and no sump. :

Well I hope everything goes well!!

Mines almost like that,, except no bottom lip, however iv decided im going to remove the back piece.. and replace it with a new sheet of glass. I will also be adding a piece to the bottom, I dont know if ill make a lip like on yours, or just keep it flush. Most likely flush. I wont be using a sump, i just want it drilled for a closed loop.

yo Fant, if you're going to go to the effort of removing the back glass why don't you just try to drill it? I mean you'll know toot sweet if it's tempered or not..... so it breaks, you was just going to replace it anyway, right? or am I missing something here?

Btw, those are really sweet little tanks, which ever way you are going with your lighting make sure there is chrome or stainless involved... it's crying out for shiny metal adornment! ...lol

Im going to remove the back because im worried that if it turns out tempered and shatters that somthing bad might happen to the front piece or bottom. Although i will try to drill the original piece of glass and let everyone know the outcome. Id rather take a little extra work and loot and end up with a completed project.

• 1 year later...

Archived