SaltCritters.com

Has anyone seen these?

DeskJockey

Okay I told my GF that I wanted a 7 bow for christmas and I think she found the Holy Grail of bow tanks!!

Its all glass with rounded corners (front) and approx. 10 to 12 gallons. Its dims are 17.5" long and 11" at the widest point and the glass is 3/16" thick although the base is much thicker. I plan on giving it a 3 week leak test but havent found a safe place to do it yet.

Now my question, has anyone seen or tried this tank? She told me where she got it and I gave them a call and all they could tell me was "We get them from Hong Kong":

They get almost all of there tanks from HK and carry many of the Jebo systems.

well any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Yeah I can only imagine the look on my face when she carried it out! At first glance I thought it was acrylic X) but as soon as I realized it was glass I went ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh :D and started drooling!

Its a good thing it was the last thing she gave me otherwise I probably would have lost interest in everything else!

yep. i can get them too here in los angeles. you beat me to the post (i was going to unleash a 1.5 rounded glass with my custom hood in a few days... doh) pretty tanks. if yours leaks, just silicone it back together ;)

Wowsers! That is sweeeet looking and a nice size, too. How much does it hurt the 'ol wallet to pick up on of them fancy thangs? I'll have to look around in Chicago to see if we got any here. Any leads on the brand name or company name?

well from what Ive found out its possibly made by jebo and it actually cost less than the aga 7 bow (in my area)! Now I just have to find a light that will fit the sucker!

I was thinking of having pet supply liquadator make something for me, but I want the light off of the tank. hmmmmmmmm

I got a similar tank. Front corners are rounded. Not bow front though. It's around 8-9 gallons. I got it when I went to HK for vacation. It's made by a Japanese company. If i knew how to resize pictures, I would post some pics.

it may be a common shape in the far east. a mfg. and i have been discussing aquarium biz states-side and he had the same (looked the same) in his catalog. it wasn't jebo or japanese tho (a mainland company, not hk distributor).

he had a number of other glass & acrylic (where i enter the picture) ones and some very interesting nano possibilities. : at first, i thought he may have just been the OEM for via aqua tanks but now i'm thinking it may just be a popular shape. azoo (taiwanese, i think) had something similar too.

they have a number of very interesting shapes and possibilities as aquarium biz over there is pretty serious stuff but not necessarily built for reefing. for instance, the common overtank filter that is widely used can be tweaked into a very efficient algae scrubber imo.

dj,

nice tank tho! ;) don't you love it when presents screw up positively. a better gift than a 7g bow imo!

Those tanks are sweet. The fish wholesaler I go to recently drilled and plumbed(overflow and return) a 30gal version of that tank for a customer. Put a 150watt hqi pendant on that tank. Oh also, you have one cool g/f.

damn d00d........

as the gay guy "JACK" on Will and Grace would say...

"Oohhh DETAILS !"

Unfortunately I must suffer through that show cause the woman watches it....: But it was a funny line that came to mind.

What did it cost?

WHo makes it?

What is the canopy like?

PS: nice to see ya using a GOOD salt. :D

i wanna see a full pic please. the corner looks awesome but i really want to see a full pic. the first pic you posted just shows a red x. thanks.

Thanks for the compliments on the tank! Damn its not even filled yet :happy: Soon though! I just have to clear out a space for it.

Okay lets see.........

I went to the FS that sold it to her and they told me it is a popular design in HK aswell as a few others. They had one that appeared to be a 20gal. It looked exactly like mine just bigger. They also had some good looking rectangular ones, very much like adinsxq's. The largest was maybe a 5gal and the smallest 1.5 or 2gal. They had many of the azoo and jebo tanks one of which has me thinking it would make a sweet clam tank.

Dave -

The cost $49.99, I still dont know who made it and its open top just like the first pic shows, so now Im on he hunt for a good looking strip light. (yeah I dont like crappy salt :D)

J-Bass -

I plan on putting two 150watt hqi pendants over my 55 soon so I was hoping to keep this tank under lower light. Good suggestion though. :happy:

mxpro -

You cant see the first pic? How about everyone else? Ill post another if you cant see it ???

adinsxq -

Let us know what you find out

Ill keep everyone posted if I learn anything new

TA TA FOR NOW! hahahaha just joking dave!:D

TTFN? OMGWTFBBQ! I fail to see the funny ???

Damn, open topped tank. I KNEW it was too good to be true. nice shape, but salt will creep like crazy and evaporation will be ungodly. Do you know if it can be drilled?

DAMN IT BOY ! DETAILLLSSSS! ! !

DDD E E EEEE TTTT T A A IIII LLLLSSS ! !!

:D

sorry dave TTFN was my sorry attempt to match your will & grace comment zzz

You think it will have bad salt creep? A friend of mine has a Via Aqua tank and he hasent noticed anything??? Drilled hmmmmm dont know. Im not planning on having it drilled either. J-bass mentioned he has seen one drilled. Im sure if I ask the FS they will just say "We get them for HK". :

Its funny I would have never seen these tanks as I never go to that LFS. All of there live stock sucks, but they have nice koi

Originally posted by DeskJockey

sorry dave TTFN was my sorry attempt to match your will & grace comment zzz  

..... as I never go to that LFS. All of there live stock sucks, but they have nice koi

NOW THATS FUNNY ! :D

• 3 months later...

DeskJockey, I'm going on a roadtrip through LA next week. I'd like to check out the FS that your girlfriend bought the tank from. What's the name and address? Is it anywhere near the 5 or the 405?

Well if your just going to LA adinsxq knows where to get them there. Im in San Diego but if you are coming down here the place is:

Goldfish world

3860 Convoy st.

#858-541-7878

Its closer to the 805 the 5 and the 805 split in Sorrento Valley (San Diego) and the 405 ends in Irvine

If you havent seen here is a link to the tank in the members section http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...p?threadid=9838

I called Goldfish world, they charge $85. The guy says it comes with a hood, regular florescents though. Said it comes in 5 and 10 gal. Also that the company made a 15 that came with power compacts but it was discontinued. I trying to find one in Seattle right now with no luck so far.

Found a place in Seattle area, Midway tropical 206) 824-2616. He also said they have the exact same type of tanks from another company that come in 26 gal and 40 gal. PC hood. If anyone wants the details let me know, I'm going there tomorrow.

wow $85?!!? Damn when my girl got it for me it was $49

It didnt come with a light fixture at that time so thats probably why there is a price increase.

Archived