inTank Media Baskets

Some new stuff, so 8 week update.

LiQuiD

Closer, whole tank. In case you are not familiar, 2.5 gallon AGA with (2) 13 watt PC's, 50 watt heater, Aquaclear HOB, small PH & the stuff inside.:P

Left side. New shroom, couple capanella & the SPS frag which has actually grown back from a slight bleaching it had when I first put it in, so I guess it is happy so far. I still need to mount it though.

Right side.New shroom, yellow polyps, and Hawaian Feather Duster. I have these in another tank but they are all tan/brown/white, this one is actually peach/purple. I loved the colors and had to get it.

And finally, the lazy crab that only seems to come out when I decide to take picture. I still have yet to get a good shot of the peppermint shrimp. That's it, next update in 2 to 3 weeks.

When the crab walks over a star polyp mat or a very purple coraline part, he cries out like the chameleon from Dr. Doolittle "I'm Inviiiisible, you can't seeeeeee me!".:happy:

Well it has only been a day and (*snip*, *snap*) I have added a couple more frags and thought no need for a new thread. Since the SPS has been doing so well, I thought I would throw another species in the tank to keep it company. Also snapped off a little, hmmm, what the hell is the name of that thing again bl... something that I can't remember right now nor spell if I could so here are the pics.

i have a bicolor blenny and do a gal w/c daily and my trites and trates are still a bit on the high side what are your readings for trites and trates?,Chris

50% a day!? And you still have high Nitrates? And you have Nitrites? Sounds like you have not even cycled fully yet if you have high nitrites. You should have none, period. And at a gallon a day with high nitrates, you may have a bad test kit or bad water or salt. Something just does not seem right.

I have zero, zip, nil, zilch, nada on the nitrites or nitrates which I checked last week right before the water change.

Liquid,

A very nice setup indeed... tank is looking awesome!

I've actually been thinning mine out a bit and trying to decide what to do with it.... the tree coral and yellow leather are like on steriods...lol

Any probs with the damsel knocking anything over? I can see the look on his face now every time the hand comes into the tank with another frag...lol

No problem with the damsel whatsoever, the hermits and peppermint are another story. Everything in the tank is pretty solid. The corals are all either attached on their own or glued into place real good and the rocks for the most part are stable. There are a few small rock pieces at the top that the hermits knock down every now and then. I'm thinking of throwing the red legs in a bigger tank and getting some of those mini blue-leg ones.

There are a few frags that are currently in back of the wall due to the peppermint shrimp, I think he smells super glue and likes it for whatever reason. If I don't hold the frag on the coral and gaurd it until it is completely set, the shrimp will run out and grab it and run behind the wall. He just checks it out and drops it but it is a pain in the ass. I also went to put a frogspawn frag in the other day and the shrimp came out and started to rip it to shreds while chewing the pieces down. Luckly I caught him doing it and got the coral out and back to the big tank before he devoured it. I tried another frogspawn frag I had like 5 weeks ago and just thought it died because it was so small, but now know the shrimp just has a taste for it. The crustations are the major problem and the fish is no prob at all.

Is your yellow leather still yellow? I know a few people that got them and the bleached out to grey. I have heard that some that are going around are not true yellow fiji, but are injected with yellow dye. Some people refuse to believe that it is dye and think it has just bleached out. Hey, when it gets big enough to frag, let me know, I'll trade ya some normal sarco frags the next time I slice 'em up.

I know what you mean about thinning it out, I have not thinned but am holding back from putting anymore in. I just looked at the tank and the picture from this thread a few days ago and realized 3 of the shrooms have nearly doubled, one has smothered 2 zoo's and another is starting to cover some star polyps and I will probably post another picture tonight to illustrate the amount of growth in less then a week. I think I'll just let it all grow. There is only one spot basically empty, that to the right of the clam between the new blastmosa and the feather duster for the centerpiece that I have yet to decide what it will be, maybe a yellow fiji leather *hint**hint*. Later and thanks for the compliments

Why wait, here is a before picture from last week on top and a picture from 5 minutes ago below. Notice the purple shroom in the lower left, the ricordea above the purple shroom, the capnella above the clam, the other purple shroom in the upper right by the fish, they have all grown a good amount in the past week as you can see. This is by far the healthiest tank I have ever kept. Although I should stop here and allow for the corals to grow and fill in the spaces, I don't think it is possible and will be adding some more over the next couple weeks.

attachment.php?s=&postid=60311

Archived