Innovative Marine Aquariums

HERE IT IS! ACTUAL GLASS THICKNESS OF THE AQUAPOD. confirmed email...

dga

Read slowly db... the nano cube. The '05 model in particular.

Does it matter? What counts is what you get NOW. The JBJ is as good or better in glass thickness than the Aqupod. That is all a customer deciding between the 2 needs to know.

well i'm still waiting for my aquapod. the nc i ordered came defective in two spots (broken bulbs and pump - packaging to me was excellent), so i decided with the aquapod.

with some stories about broken aquapods... i would just be happy with a working tank considering i took the time to build a stand to fit the aquapod24

Yes, skrip answering the question I asked matters rather than giving me a smart alec remark. And yes, I've read the fission threads, seems like most people are pretty happy with it. And yes I would be far more comfortable buying a current product based on my past experience with them and how I have seen them deal with customers than I would with jbj.

Again skrip.... the problem of cracking cubes was primarily with the 24 that jbj currently has on the market, I hardly think that instances of those cubes cracking are unsubstantiated. In fact it was such an issue that most online retailers stopped selling the 24. The 24 gallon aquapod has thicker glass than the current version of the 24 gallon jbj. I've not seen the '06 model of the 24 available anywhere yet. When that '06 model is released it will have the same glass thickness as the pod.

There was more to the cracking issue than glass thickness anyway.

And yes I would be far more comfortable buying a current product based on my past experience with them and how I have seen them deal with customers than I would with jbj.

Fair enough but completely illogical. For you to tout the Aquapod quality based on your experience with their LIGHTING system rather than direct experience with the pod itself is plain silly. I do understand and concede the customer service issue but let's see how that holds up when they have as many customers as JBJ.

Again skrip.... the problem of cracking cubes was primarily with the 24 that jbj currently has on the market, I hardly think that instances of those cubes cracking are unsubstantiated.

Where did I ever say it was? You totally missed the point. Today's listed products are equivalent in thickness, except for the JBJ 12Gallon which is THICKER.

There was more to the cracking issue than glass thickness anyway.

Of course...now that your main arguement was demonstrated to be false, you invoke the boogeyman. No use in debating with you, the truth is abundently clear to anyone reading these threads.

As I said, I don't favor either company, I just find this whole superior Aquapod quality debate asinine because of lack of data. Let's not forget that some of the most vocal critics have yet to see one!

Where did I ever say it was?

You said it here:

"I am just against the unsubstantiated bashing OR pimping of products or vendors."

If that's not what you ment please explain.

And as for missing the point, please repeat to me what you belive my main argument was.

(hint, it's not the exisitance of the "boogyman")

:lol:

You said it here:

"I am just against the unsubstantiated bashing OR pimping of products or vendors."

If that's not what you ment please explain.

And as for missing the point, please repeat to me what you belive my main argument was.

(hint, it's not the exisitance of the "boogyman")

:lol:

Don't waste our time anymore. Read the posts, they are self-evident, at least to everyone else.

Don't waste our time anymore. Read the posts, they are self-evident, at least to everyone else.

Really, everyone? You talked to everyone? Or does "our" and "everyone" include the voices in your head or invisible friend kinda stuff.

Yer a funny one skippy. A little wierd about the whole persecuted jbj thing, but funny.

Really, everyone? You talked to everyone? Or does "our" and "everyone" include the voices in your head or invisible friend kinda stuff.

Yer a funny one skippy. A little wierd about the whole persecuted jbj thing, but funny.

Whatever you say Assinine :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go Bears! Just trying to break the ice ( no pun intended ice).

Oh yeah... Go Bears!

Anyone think Urlacher looks like a Nazi Stormtrooper? Or is it just me?

Well... I hardly think that current has misrepresented the pod. The 24 pod has thicker glass than the old 24 NC. And I don't recall anything from current that says "we have thicker glass than jbj. jbj did not make adjustments to the 24 till current was about to put an improved product on the market. It was the 24 and 6 gallon models that had cracking issues, not the 12. There is not much reason to think that glass thickness is not just fine for the 12.

In a nutshell, I've used current products and found them reliable. I don't see a whole lot of complaints about current products on forums like this. jbj? not so reliable and there are lots of complaints about their products and business practices. I would still like to see more of the 24 gallon pod.

If current is so reliable, is that why they filed chapter 7 when they were custom sealife. Give me a break. Icenine, only why you dont see whole lot of complaints about Current is because there were nothing to write about in this forum on nano aquariums. They never had one tell now. There will be complaints on products for ANY company out there not just JBJ.

as an update, i also have pictures of my cracked tank and my receipt emailed per there request to jbj support on possible replacement. this tank was purchased almost a year ago and even though the warrenty has expired, we will see if they replace it, but i have yet to receive a email back concerning my request. and i wonder if they do honor my request, which one they will send: pre 2006?

If current is so reliable, is that why they filed chapter 7 when they were custom sealife. Give me a break. Icenine, only why you dont see whole lot of complaints about Current is because there were nothing to write about in this forum on nano aquariums. They never had one tell now. There will be complaints on products for ANY company out there not just JBJ.

chill nano... and I've been using their products for years. The lighting issues on the 12 are rather disspointing.

unless jbj is still on holiday vacation, i have yet to hear anything reguarding my cracked 12 gallon, on wether they will replace it or not. original email to them was on 12-23-05. then on 12-27-05 they replied with the following pasted from my outlook:

dan,

we need a copy of your receipt, and pictures of your crack tank, please email the pictures and receipt, if you cannot email, please fax to 310-672-7261, for further information please call our office at 310-672-4099,

thank you

i have copies to all there email addresses. we''ll see!

dga, i dont know why you think they should repalce your tank. its a YEAR OLD. if you do get money from jbj, buy an acrylic tank, thanyou wont have to worry about a GLASS tank breaking.

dga, i dont know why you think they should repalce your tank. its a YEAR OLD. if you do get money from jbj, buy an acrylic tank, thanyou wont have to worry about a GLASS tank breaking.

You can't blame him for trying.

thats exactly why. they should stand behind there products (especially the big problem of cracking nanocubes) beyond the warrenty in a reasonable amount of time, if not it was worth trying. of course i will be off to nanotuners to purchase a 2006 12 gallon glass nanocube. no acrylic for this poster. just not my liking.

The below was sent via email 1-10-06 by support @ jbj. see an earlier post here on what was sent to them via email. this tank was purchased 1-14-05 of last year @ pet solutions. was packed well and received in good shape by "UPS". this tank had been full of h2O since 1 week after delivery. it was subject to a move last summer (contents had been completly emptied) set up for several more months on a very sturdy teak stand always on bare floor and leveled. and like a few others a small crack started at the top where the sheet glass was bent and slowly over a few days grew to a total length of 4 inches. that prompted part of the post to determine if "jbj" would replace it OUT of warrenty, and the following pasted outlook email shows there reply. perserverance payed off. hats off to this company for standing behind this particullar problem they had with the nanos, as i suggested in my last post.

received from support@jbjlighting.com

daniel,

we can replace the tank out for you, the only thing you would have to do is pay for shipping, please call 310-672-4099, and speak with any of our representative, and have you credit info ready.

thank you

Archived