Innovative Marine Aquariums

has any1 here ordered from petsupplyliquidator?

Mox

are they really slow? i have placed my order last jan. 2 and up to now i still havent heard anything from them regarding the status of my order. i kept on emailing them but so far no response :(

Mox,

Depending on how you view the glass... half full or half empty, I don't know that I would call him slow but more like he is getting busy. I placed and order with him for a custom hood and it was around 2 to 3 weeks in total by the time all correspondance had taken place and the hood ended up at my doorstep.

I didn't view that as too bad at all.... just hang in there. Always sucks waiting for the goods to show...lol

IMO being "busy" is not an excuse when youre running a business, you can always hire more people etc.

anyway i finally got a response today, hopefully my order will show up one day.

He's busy with all the orders that went wrong first maybe =)..like mine :P (I made a post earlier about this)

There (or should I say he?) pretty slow at communication. Half the time I ask a question I don't get an answer =), but I keep asking and he eventually answers it. (vaguely)

I didn't order a custom hood, so it was allready built and it was shipped out within a few days of my order and I recieved it about 4 days after it was shipped (I'm in the same state afterall)

I think PSL is only run by that 1 guy...nobody else, except for I guess the guy that builds the hoods and the shipping/packaging guys. =)

Originally posted by ~_~

I wonder why the 2x36 hood is 19" and not 20" o_O. You need to rest the hood on some sort of cover or suspend it to get it to fit over a 10gal.

It may just rest on the inner lip, rather than fitting over the outer rim.

I got my PSL hood in one week, but it wasn't custom.

I think the hoods are 'short' to allow them being built into wooden support frames and the like.

But that's just me guessing.

Ratty

Originally posted by CRG

It may just rest on the inner lip, rather than fitting over the outer rim.

It's a tiny bit too short to fit inside the lip. Actually the thing is shorter than 19 inches overall because they use a rounded design, so only the very middle is 19 inches & the edges are 18 1/2 inches.

Originally posted by WhiteRat

I think the hoods are 'short' to allow them being built into wooden support frames and the like.

Ratty

Hmmm, I guess so.

:blush:

I know PSL had some problems with their shopping cart software. You might email them again. Their software was sending them multiple orders from one customer. I emailed them and they got right back to me . I just picked up a 2x150HQI setup from them it looks great.

i asked the guy from PSL long before about the !9" instead of the 20" and he said it will fit snuggly in a 10 gal. and shouldn't fall inside the tank...well, im not putting it in some sort of a hood, should i email him back and tell him to make it 20"?

you wanted the stuff to come in early and now you wish it didnt bc you want to change the size. maybe hes "busy" because of these kind of stuff. by hiring more people, he would have to increase the prices for his goods just to make a profit. think about it. also the fact that you had placed the order on jan 2. most companies would accept your order then but would even start handling the order until jan 8th. just need to chill out man, its understandable that you want your stuff in as fast as possible, but also keep a steady head.

when i had ordered a light from them, their email response was prompt.

i am not complaining about the delivery time, what i was complaining is their customer service, emailed them so many times and didnt get a response till yesterday. you had a prompt response from them..GOOD FOR YOU! well some people are not as lucky as YOU. its a case to case basis i guess and i dont hold it against PSL. i am sure my order will arrive one day and it will look great. im trying my best to be as polite as possible coz i dont want people saying that im lashing out at them or to anyone here.

well I just got an email from PSL today and they apologized for the delay. they have to finish 60 custom hood for an LFS.

they will make a 20" hood for me and a bonus powerhead :)

If you have it on a credit card you are always pretty safe no matter what. Just be patient because you're not talking about a warehouse business that just picks, packs and ships.

Originally posted by Mox

well  I just got an email from PSL today and they apologized for the delay. they have to finish 60 custom hood for an LFS.

they will make a 20" hood for me and a bonus powerhead :)

arent YOU lucky then.

Christopher Marks

I agree that keeping up with communication is essential, but having been in production myself, everything can become quite overwhelming. PSL makes hoods for aquarium shops in large quantities as well as selling directly to the hobbyist. Keep in mind that while it may be slower during their busy times, I've yet to see anyone beat their prices.

when i ordered my custom pendant i had multiple emails going with bruce. and while yes he didn't answer some of my questions in a reply email(had to wait a few emails) he did answer them and he is the only company i've delt with that was responding to my emails at 11pm on a weeknight. my pendant was finished and arrived on my door step in about a 5 days. i was more than happy. and look forward to ordering another for an HQI in the future.:P

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, i have nothing to do with nano-reef.com other than being a member, but I meant everybody here in reference to all the members. Support those that support you.

Without going into complete detail I will say briefly. I had about the WORST experience with this company I have ever had. I can not go into specifics at this point (stay tuned) because it has resulted in a pending small claims lawsuit. But I would urge anyone thinking about purchasing a light system to avoid this company (which is really a basement operation) at all costs. There are too many choices out there of good vendors that want to sell you a quality product and service.

As an aside, the build quality of these lights is very poor, all the parts are Asian which are notorious for not holding up well. Especially under salt water conditions. For the money they are charging for these lights you can get a top notch German system for a smidgeon more anyway and never have to worry about breakdown...I wish you all the best in your searches and if I can save one person the agony I am going through then this board has served it's purpose. All the best to you!

Christopher Marks
Originally posted by Reefs1

Without going into complete detail I will say briefly. I had about the WORST experience with this company I have ever had. I can not go into specifics at this point (stay tuned) because it has resulted in a pending small claims lawsuit. But I would urge anyone thinking about purchasing a light system to avoid this company (which is really a basement operation) at all costs. There are too many choices out there of good vendors that want to sell you a quality product and service.  

As an aside, the build quality of these lights is very poor, all the parts are Asian which are notorious for not holding up well. Especially under salt water conditions. For the money they are charging for these lights you can get a top notch German system for a smidgeon more anyway and never have to worry about breakdown...I wish you all the best in your searches and if I can save one person the agony I am going through then this board has served it's purpose. All the best to you!

Sorry, but you have posted slander against this company.

1.) They are not a 'basement operation'. Pet Supply Liquidator is a registered business, which also happens to not operate from a basement.

2.) Not all the parts of a Pet Supply Liquidator aquarium hood are made in Asia. Infact, not even the ballast is. Stating that 'Asian made parts' are quote, "Notorious for not holding up well." is an invalid generalization.

The rules for posting in this forum are pinned at the top of the thread list, and clearly state:

"This forum was also put in place to provide an area to give feedback about experiences with businesses catering to the hobby. Please share your experiences whether good or bad if you wish to do so, but please STICK TO THE FACTS."

Chris I appreciate your position and your candor, however nothing I said was slanderous. So it is what it is, and we all know anyone can go to City Hall pay $25 and legitimize their business, thats the easy part. It is running it properly and building and servicing the product and customer with pride that really proves a business to be a business, not a registration. This is something PSL failed to do in many respects.

As far as the parts go, they are in fact Asian which I think many hobbyists would agree do not stand the test of time comparitively (IE Helios, Jali etc.) The bulbs are and OEM Asian brand and the spectrum and quality is terrible (as stated in two earlier posts). They use a variety of Ballust in their lights so INFACT they can be (and mine were) ASIAN and very NOISY. However I don't disagree that it may be possible to get something other than ASIAN from them. But Chris's point and mine only proves to show inconsistency in their production and products.

I don't want to get sidetracked too much with this, aside from the quality, pricing and general inconsistencies there are larger (financial) issues which for me will be dealt with in court. I simply want fellow hobbyists to know that this is a company that all potential customers should use a BUYER BEWARE approach. Like I said before, there are too many other choices out there that take pride in what they sell and service. The ordeal I had with PSL is a classic example of a small business trying to carve a nitch for themselves in wrong fashion. As consumers we reserve the right to spend our hard earned money wisely, and maximize it's potentail to purchase a quality product backed by knowledgable business people. Hopefully hearing about my experience will help others to do this.

Archived