Top Shelf Aquatics

Is there anyone else who hates Royal Gramma's like I do?

Fishfreak218

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can anyone teach me how to remove my panther grouper?sob.

um... a spear gun!!

Actually my lionfish ate my panther grouper which was amazing since the grouper was about an inch longer than the lion. Never under estimate the power of a big mouth!

• 5 months later...
Clownfishcrazy1117

My royal gramma is actually lots of fun to watch. He somehow managed to befriend my maroon clown. ;) They play all the time. He doesn't like my sixline but he only shoos him away when the sixline gets too close to his rock.

• 4 weeks later...

Would it work if I were to add a royal gramma and six line wrasse at the same time to a Boyu Mt-50 (JBJ NC24) FOWLR, which would currently be housing 2 clowns. Are they likely to fight if added together, am I overstocking?

• 2 months later...
hollister_08
Does anyone else hate theirs or in general Royal gramma's i think there the worst......there like a $15 Damsel....if i wanted mean i wouldnt get rid of him...now i have to tear down my Fav. Aquascape.....and catch the little bastage.....gosh....what a MAJOR PITA <_<:angry:omgomgomg .......does anyone else have any bad experiences w/ their Royal Gramma's?

josh

I am not the only one that has problems with them..... THANK YOU, ya you already know about my experience with them from the other thread!!!

hollister_08
im gunna put a royal gramma and a neon dottyback in the same tank and see how that works out

My parents did that not knowing that they would fight!!! Ya the neon dottyback had him all over the tank, the dottybacks are mean little things, but only to there own type of species.... But they had to take the gramma out of there, my dad caught him on the run trying to get away from the dottyback!!!

hollister_08
Q:What's purple and yellow and goes around in circles at 100mph?

A: a Royal Gramma in a blender.

HAHAHA!!!! LOL That was the best joke that i have ever heard!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...
Mine is pretty mellow. I thought it initially died. Didn't see it for two months after I first put it in the tank....

So there is hope for my missing Gramma? Saw him for 2 days once I put him in, haven't seen him in 4 weeks since. Go figure.

• 4 months later...
Hopefully you got lucky and he died

:);)

well I like em but the way to get rid of them in a nano is to put an arrow crab in there. Next morning scoop out any remaining royal gramma remains (not likely) and arrows are easy to catch and return to LFS.

My latest royal gramma got sick with ich. In a treatment tank. Now has dropsy real bad and im trying to save him but thees not much hope with a real bad internal infection.

• 1 month later...
My royal gramma is a bi***, im getting rid of him soon. he bullies my sixline wrasse all the time, and my tomato clown sometimes. He opens up his mouth and then bits them right on the nose! to me they are like damsels. i will never get another one thats for sure.

Just wondering if the Gramma went in the tank before these other fish.

I guess no one else hates 'em quite as much as me :P

ive already constructed a spear.....im goin in after mine if he kills anything....we had a talk...

ive already constructed a spear.....im goin in after mine if he kills anything....we had a talk...

lol. Guess you need to have anbother talk. This time, show him you have a weapon. :lol:

• 1 year later...

My royal gramma killed one of my two clownfish the day I put them in, and started in on the second one too...

Down the ####ing toilet he went!

DogfoodEnforcer

when i had my royal gramma it was awesome. it and my clownfish were a crew and would swim around the tank looking for trouble. too bad they were the only two fish. it was like two hoodrats trying to terrorize a ghost town.

the gramma i had never showed any aggression to anything. at introduction the gramma and clown kind of had a stand off. but my clown (for some reason) is a tough SOB, and wouldnt back down. made the gramma submit...and that was that.lol

i kind of miss my gramma tbh, but i will not get another one, as i think i lucked out with my original one.

Archived