Coral Vue Hydros

Coralcrazy's new 1/2 gallon tank!

coralcrazy

now..the final 3 pieces that i am going to add...is 1 large colony of gsp...one or two colonies of blastos..and maybey a small acan...man sorry about the bad pics..my camera suxs, it looks so much better in person.. :)

should i put a small fish in here? if so what fish?

jane of baden
lol..i just cut the wire that was part of the metal..and electric taped it back up..very simple...my tank didn't allow it to clip on the tank..i put a piece of glass so that water doesn't evaporate into the lamp...hope that helps....man this tank is going to be harder then i thought...i have to squeeze zoo's hammer, pulsating xenia, rics...argg..will post pics tommrow. Platinum order comes :) WOOT!!

Just so you know I'm running pretty much the same type of system, I even have that light... and evap. is horrible for me! you're easily looking at 2x daily top ups + scraping salt off the entire light a lot (mine got crusty quick... a little HCl took care of that and prevents additional buildup, it seems :P ) If you get a heater, be really careful... I came home once and my tank was pushing 85, because with such small tanks its hard for them to keep properly heated it seems. I've tried 3 different heaters, I like Ebo Jager 25w ones.

Good luck. I like the idea of a bowl of xenia...

hm....

maybe its time for another pico...

Just so you know I'm running pretty much the same type of system, I even have that light... and evap. is horrible for me! you're easily looking at 2x daily top ups + scraping salt off the entire light a lot (mine got crusty quick... a little HCl took care of that and prevents additional buildup, it seems :P ) If you get a heater, be really careful... I came home once and my tank was pushing 85, because with such small tanks its hard for them to keep properly heated it seems. I've tried 3 different heaters, I like Ebo Jager 25w ones.

Good luck. I like the idea of a bowl of xenia...

hm....

maybe its time for another pico...

i put a piece of glass over the light..to prevent evaporation of salt reaching the light..i heard some bad stuff about salt getting into power compact lighting and creating fires..i would put a sheet of glass if i where you...yea..i really don't think i need a heater...my tank temp is 81..with the light on...i just ordered a chiller from a guy online here...thnx for the comments...the xenia didn't do so well...it died..bad frag or bad temp..i have no idea..so make sure you are carefull with xenia..plus i heard the grow like weed..I might try to put another piece of the xenia in the tank..but it will be later..after if fit my blastos..gsp..and acan..wish me luck. :)..plus i just got a lunar spot light off ebay..i will post pics when i get it..also post a shot with my coral under atintics..

Archived