SaltCritters.com

Coralcrazy's new 1/2 gallon tank!

coralcrazy

setting up a small and expensive tank... i am using a small zoo med pump as water circulation...already ordered from dennis can't wait to get coral...

Here is what i got... local guy is giving me a small pulsing xenia frag..

Red Spot Zoanthids,Pink w/ Yellow Centers,Green Eyed Monster,Pastel Orange Ricordea Fl,Peach-Blue/Grey Zoanthids,Blue/Teal Hammer...within a couple of months i will start to get blastos/acans...my tank lighting is 7W 6500 K white.. and 7W True 03 Blue spectrum... i think this little tank will be worth it..Hmm... i might go bare bottom with this tank should I?

My opinion is don't go completely bare bottom. I'd say put like half an inch of sand on it. That way u wont see all the detritus that builds up on the bottom.

What are the tank dimensions?

I'd stock it slowly, just seems like alot for only a 1/2 gallon. And you wont have much room for growth. Shroom can easily cover zoos. Also Ive had rics sting the crap out of blastos, and a hammer, so just becareful.

Id forget the xenia, it will take over the tank in no time.

BB might be a good Idea, my sand get blown all around and it gets annoying. Starboard might be cool, and it would be easy to find a small cuttingboard

pic of tank..

well guys..you bring up som very good points..the hammer is small...i am going to frag it like crazy to keep it that siz...zoo's don't worry i am sure they wll take over the whole tank..it should be fine..the ric will be all the way at the top of the tank..so it will be far away..the point is i will be very cautious with this tank..making frags and tons of frags often. the xenia i thought was a good idea..cause they are easy once again to frag and trade for cash or more coral..i really am happy that you guys are pointing things out...watch my tank when i post pics..and comment on my stupidity or my genius..LOL anyway thanks for the comments.. :)

Even buddah is in awe of the tank in the pic!! LOL!!

what is Starboard?

post-14339-1130594895_thumb.jpg

Wow, a bowl? Man that should be even more interesting.

One problem with keeping the rics all the way at the top, when they open up they are going to put everything else in the shade.

Just take it slow, keep it simple, and you already have a bigger tank set up right, so you can always move stuff around.

I think it would be cool to have a bowl with a bunch of nice zoos, or even better acans.

That is a sweet looking little tank. You will probably want to have the light up higher off of the tank when you run it though. That powerhead alone in such a little space is going to generate some heat. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

- Chad

what an honor to have fish comment on my tank..dude your tank inspired me to start picos...btw.. I got the pulsing Xenia, the one i asked you about..in your thread..i am happy with it..will post pics guys this tuesday..the day my coral gets here from Platinum...i will keep a pic of my pulsating xenia soon.. Thanks :)

lol..i just cut the wire that was part of the metal..and electric taped it back up..very simple...my tank didn't allow it to clip on the tank..i put a piece of glass so that water doesn't evaporate into the lamp...hope that helps....man this tank is going to be harder then i thought...i have to squeeze zoo's hammer, pulsating xenia, rics...argg..will post pics tommrow. Platinum order comes :) WOOT!!

Tiga's coral came today :) shipped very nicely... Here is the box.. and some pics of the coral before the come out of their domant states..

nice packing :)

post-14339-1130865033_thumb.jpg

post-14339-1130865138_thumb.jpg

awesome tank man, keep us updated!!!! and let me know if youneed to get rid of the frags you will be making from this tank (once it all starts growing too big for the tank), cause i would be more than happy to take them off your hands ;) ;)

okay my tank so far... i might have to toss my pulsing xenia frag it is looking melted... oh well..just have to drive 5 mins to get another 15$ frag :)

hammer frag..!!

teal and orange rics...

Ha ..all you thought my tank was going to be to small.. :) Time for me to get one kick ass blasto...will take a while ..need to save up it for it.

post-14339-1130877179_thumb.jpg

post-14339-1130877478_thumb.jpg

sorry for the lack of brightness in this tank...but i am a college student..so it might take some time..but this tank will have blastos which should perk this little tank right up..

hows everthing going with the new frags???

hey everthing is going fine..i really like the blastos..everthing is opening up..i will post pics as soon as i can..thanks once again..

one side of the tank..

other side of tank...i just have enought space for my XMAS BLASTOS TO MYSELF...will post pics when i get it..i might also put a tiny neon goby or something in there...also so hermit crabs...this is a bare bottom tank..i am having a temp..problem with the temp..it is peaking off at 80.9 everday...i just got an iceprobe chiller and controller courtesy of my GF as part of my X-mas present. :)

post-14339-1131386940_thumb.jpg

post-14339-1131387267_thumb.jpg

Archived