Top Shelf Aquatics

[STOCK] Blind Tree Frog

Blind Tree Frog

Blind Tree Frog

Bah, whatever it is clogging the air line keeps doing it. If I manually blow/suck on it for a minute I can't lodge anything, but I can get bubbles through if i try really hard. Either way, that seems to be the easiest way to keep it bubbling. I may need to pull rocks out to get to the culprit though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blind Tree Frog

Something in the tube still. The pump hasn't burned out which does impress me.

If I suck on the tube really hard (Jenna would be proud) I can suck up some salty water, but it is fairly difficult. However, i can still free up enough that the pump can keep pumping after it builds up some pressure.

Can I get an admin ruling on what I am allowed to do to remedy this situation without being kicked out of the contest?

maybe you can suck a little <snicker> water into the tube and let it sit a while. that may break-up/loosen-up whatever crud is in there.

i had a similar problem with the lee's skimmer. i had to either do that or manually clean it. but the clogged area on the lee's was very small in diameter (1/4 the ID of the air tube).

Blind Tree Frog

perhaps. Dunno. when I stopped to think about it, the hole that the air is going through is noticably smaller then the the air line. Plus (perhaps due to the nature of this set up more so then a HOB type filter) there is a lot of crud settling on the bottom. It might just be that decay and what not has piled up enouhg to clog things.

Archived