Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

[STOCK] Blind Tree Frog

Blind Tree Frog

Blind Tree Frog

######, nanotuners doesn't even list the legs. Now I need to figure out where to find them.

I'm really not sure I want this light without the legs. I'm very not happy right now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
######, nanotuners doesn't even list the legs. Now I need to figure out where to find them.

I'm really not sure I want this light without the legs. I'm very not happy right now.

You can buy them here - I've purchased stuff from them before - decent outfit.

http://www.marineandreef.com/shoppro/power_satellite.html

Docking Mounts (Satellite Mounting Leg Kit) Photo - - $5.90

-Mike

Blind Tree Frog

Just to clarify, since I just thought about this now, I'm not blaming anything on NanoTuners. I'm not happy at the situation currently, but not them.

Blind Tree Frog

The best look I've gotten at him was "he's green" I am standing behind my ealier guess just because, even if it is wrong.

Though he is getting braver. May get a decent pic yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Blind Tree Frog

Got the legs for the light finally. It is kicking the ass of the old light that was on there.

on a side note, I had a minor electrical problem and lost the outlets the tank was plugged into. It's now been moved to my bedroom and put on the S Stand for the NanoCube that this will all go into at the end of the contest.

Pictures when I stop being lazy.

Blind Tree Frog

mm.. another mushroom (the bullseye) has slothed to the bottom. Wonder if the change in light did it or if the salt level is just too high. I'll have to check... or just change all of the water I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
Blind Tree Frog

Well my problem is that I've lost enough mushrooms in this tank to make me wonder what the issue is and think that I'd rather keep some alive and omve them to my main tank.

I mean, some of the mushrooms are doing great, others not doing anything either way, others dying. If it were consistent it would be one thing, but it's not.

Or I may just take all of them out save one or two mushrooms and see how just those few do. It won't make the tank as pretty as other's but it might prove interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
Blind Tree Frog

Alright, so I refocused my effort on two ric's I decided to leave in the tank.

They are still doing fine.

On top of that, one of the mushrooms that isn't in the tank anymore apparently left a spawnling behind and it is growing up now too (yay!!)

Bad news: The air lift is busted. Something is kinking the line it seems and only a trickle of air is getting through. I can't find the kink and don't have the time to be really exploritory right now. Minor concern that fixing the kink will require gross amounts of re-aquascaping though, so it may be that if i can't fix this easily I'll have to drop out under the "crashed tank" clause.

Alright, so I refocused my effort on two ric's I decided to leave in the tank.

They are still doing fine.

On top of that, one of the mushrooms that isn't in the tank anymore apparently left a spawnling behind and it is growing up now too (yay!!)

Bad news: The air lift is busted. Something is kinking the line it seems and only a trickle of air is getting through. I can't find the kink and don't have the time to be really exploritory right now.

Calcium build-up at the end of the air tube. See if you can snake a flexible wire down the tube.

Minor concern that fixing the kink will require gross amounts of re-aquascaping though, so it may be that if i can't fix this easily I'll have to drop out under the "crashed tank" clause.

Bummer. Is this contest going to be a case of last one standing wins? So many have / are dropping out.

Try to stay in if you can!

BTW: Who won the Nano Cube contest?

Blind Tree Frog
Calcium build-up at the end of the air tube. See if you can snake a flexible wire down the tube.
mmm... interesting idea. I'll check. I need to move the tank to look at the tube from behind though

Bummer. Is this contest going to be a case of last one standing wins? So many have / are dropping out.

Well the tank is going to be staying up for the time being regardless of what happens until I figure out what I want to do with the Mantis I have. I could toss him in my refuge on my main tank where I could start adding hermits to eat the algae and he can feed on the hermits, but i'm not sure I see a good reason too.

Until his fate is determined, he stays in the 2.5 gallon. So to that end it will stay up for a while.

However, I may pull the rics out and let the one stray mushroom be the one I focus on. When I started I liked the idea of adding lots of mushrooms for variety. Now I'm more interested in just watching something grow and spread.

BTW: Who won the Nano Cube contest?

The 6 Gallon? dunno. I wasn't in it or following it.

i agree with doncb, it's probably salt buildup at the end. i always had the problem when i use an air-driven skimmer (e.g. lee's).

you might have to soak it but i think you're better off digging it out with a paperclip or something.

pics!

Blind Tree Frog

Soak what? I don't have an airstone remember. It's just a air tube going to a pipe. There will need to be a lot of build up to block that (I'm assuming that you are assuming that I have an air stone here)

And come to think of it, I think I may stick with the original idea that I had for this tank for a follow on tank, but I need to obtain a base tank to start with that has the dimensions I'm looking for. I'll need to start that search again I guess.

Archived