Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SET UP!

Abysswater

Yea look's like you got about 30 light's there for sure. Puting them all into a hood around your retrofit light's. I don't know if you can make them all fit. But you got a big job a head of you, even if they don't.

60 lights LOL! :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

60 lights in a hood would be a SW record for sure. I used the clip on strip tube light's from www.aquatraders.com I was experimenting with moon light to see if it made any differnce in coral growth and polyp extension. I took a science class this summer and I had to write a report. I thought the class would be interesting but it was just a waste of money.

I forgot to mention, take a look at the lunar lights for sale by www.drsfostersmith.com There selling them for 12.99 plus shiping and handling. And you can link them all together. They should fit a lot better in your new hood. Enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

Well here's an update! I have been up and running for two weeks now. Went through a small mini cycle. Now it's the nitate game. they where at 15ppm after the cheato and other macro. It's down to 8 to 10 ppm. Just waiting to get the cheato to grow. etc. I ahve two green chromus's damsels to help the tank mature.

:D

post-16531-1136475394_thumb.jpg

post-16531-1136475403_thumb.jpg

post-16531-1136475410_thumb.jpg

post-16531-1136475420_thumb.jpg

post-16531-1136475429.jpg

good rockscape... and good move puting that blue paper on backwall!

IMO , exellent job!

Hey thanks Man! I like that avatar of yours. But that is painted back, not paper.

I just good old kylon spray paint.

• 3 weeks later...
abyss it's good to see some progress. i'll be taggin along. overflow not giving you any problems??

Hey! how it going? Man it is working great! I have had no problems. The only thing was the acylic top that I made started warping becuase of the light, So I went out and bought a chepo glass two piece top and it is alot easier to access the water etc. The overflow is running great. I have two greem chromis fish, three red tip mini hermits, One large striped hermit crab, and One mexican turbo snail for clean up crew. Started to get a little algea on some rocks but the clean up crew just keeps it nice. Thats about it. I got tired of buying distilled water from the store so I bit the bullet and bought a RO/DI unit from air water and Ice company.

Here is the unit I got. Let me know where you are at on your tank, maybe I can help you out, the best I can.

I just looked at your listed tanks, Disregard that statement. I realized I was talking to someone diffrent. Sorry! Looks like you know what your doing.

post-16531-1138316771_thumb.jpg

The glass baffles are from homedepot they are percut 8" x 10" fit perfectly.

What department are the glass baffle found in at Home Depot? How much were they? Thanks!

What department are the glass baffle found in at Home Depot? How much were they? Thanks!

It's over by the doors and window and acrylic products. I'm sure all stores carry the same products. They are just 8" x 10" glass panes. I think they where 1.27 ea.

Maybe 2.50. Can't really remember not expesive at all.

It's over by the doors and window and acrylic products. I'm sure all stores carry the same products. They are just 8" x 10" glass panes. I think they where 1.27 ea.

Maybe 2.50. Can't really remember not expesive at all.

Thank you :)

looking great abyss. you got quite a thread going on here. your rock work kicks a$$

Hey thanks Man! I got that condy anemone last weekend from the great Petco, It looked like it was suffering bad under some cheap lighting and dirty tank. It was only 6 bucks, so I took the plunge and save his butt. The petco salesman was funny as hell. He was telling me that my green chromus fish will eat him. LOL!

I said really! Then I said " well if that is so, then why do you have 10 green chromus fish in there with them now". He said " Those aren't green chromus fish in there, those are damsels" LOL! I said you need to go back to training class. LOL!

And you wonder why they have such a return policy. Funny! My red legged hermits had to be put in the sump they where eating my zoo's. Devil hermits! Have a good one!

• 5 months later...
Hey thanks Man! I got that condy anemone last weekend from the great Petco, It looked like it was suffering bad under some cheap lighting and dirty tank. It was only 6 bucks, so I took the plunge and save his butt. The petco salesman was funny as hell. He was telling me that my green chromus fish will eat him. LOL!

I said really! Then I said " well if that is so, then why do you have 10 green chromus fish in there with them now". He said " Those aren't green chromus fish in there, those are damsels" LOL! I said you need to go back to training class. LOL!

And you wonder why they have such a return policy. Funny! My red legged hermits had to be put in the sump they where eating my zoo's. Devil hermits! Have a good one!

Wow! It's been nearly 6 months since I've posted here. My tank is doing good and need to post some pics.

how was the hermit crab? did it behave well?

The evil crab died about month and a half ago. He molted and then died like week later. And no, he was not a good camper. I was able to save one last zoo. reglued it to a rock and now have 4 clones from it.

Archived