ReefCleaners.org

deacon hemp's pico

deacon hemp

^^^^^I second everything Ice said (insertng myself into the "I'll give you a run for the win" sentence :P )^^^^^^^

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOLz guys... yeah being a canreefer comes in handy! I wouldnt be too worried with who's gonna win just yet,theres tons of talented reefers here with amazing setup's you included.I kinda feel like im cheating in a way now,but how could i pass up seeing that tank in my daily for sale forum!?......i just about crapped! lol

For my inspiration tank......check reef.org contest entry GUY,and you'll see where im heading.
i LOVE guy's tank! B)

i loved his valley/spur&groove concept from the start.

plus, the fact that his corals and livestock grow like they're on 'roids! dang!

he had my vote for that contest very early on.

they look good for me. his monti growth is frickin' nuts!

it's a lot more grown in than i saw it last too (two months ago). it looks like a multi-year tank now. i love his branching coralline or bryozoans(?).

You have to register at reef.org to view the pictures.

neener neener neener!

ok, i better stop hogging/hijacking deacon's thread. sorry.

Update:I dont think my tank will arrive on time! If it makes it here by saturday i should be ok as i have pretty much everything to setup right away. I guess thats what i get for changing my mind on the design so late in the contest :( I have been aquiring nice frags for the tank too!

Blind Tree Frog

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The boring tanks I can allow to drop out without too much concern. Honeslty, I'm not expecting too much from the tanks that aren't trying anything new, but the the tanks (custom or stock) who don't care about winning and are just taking this as an excuse to try something new. Perhaps Gil will hold a vote among the custom competitors about allowing you to compete?

Perhaps Gil will hold a vote among the custom competitors about allowing you to compete?

You and your awsome tank would have my vote to stay in.... not that is very smart of me, being a cutom competitor as well. ;)

Wait and see how the cut off shakes out, I see a lot of entries missing so far maybe there will be an extension.

Blind Tree Frog

He's already stated that the closing of entrants will still be open for a few days (even though today is supposed to be the last day) just to catch the guys who aren't checking this forum every day. And TinyReef and I are already causing problems based on what category we are in. I would think that allowing a serious competitor another few days to get his shipment would be allowed as long as the compeitor raises the issue before hand (rather then whining about it after the fact).

But regardless of what happens, I hope that you are still going to experiment with this tank like you are thinking, even if you aren't in the competiiton.

Thanks guys,but i am not really sure when my tank arrives! :( i have also dumped my first idea if you hadn't already noticed but my (replacement) tank will be even better. I will pm gil and find out,too put it honestly it doesnt really matter if i enter or not cause its for fun for me anyways.I cant really receive any of the frag packs so maybe he could let me enter late seeing as i cant really win the prizes? Man i have been stocking up on the finest frags of zoa's that canada has to offer too!

I am officialy out now,there was a complication before he sent out the tank and it wont be here for a week or so! the tank had to go back to the shop and have 1 side replaced!!! not a big deal tho i will still make a thread....maybe gil will let me put the thread in here with the rest of you?

Blind Tree Frog

I'd have no problems with you still be in the contest personally. I mean, if the contest is going to be judged on amount and quality of growth, showing up late should only serve as a disadvantage to you and not an advatage that the rest of us are losing out on, but that's me.

Sorry to hear it though.

I agree with BTF if you don't get your tank on time it is going to be your loss not ours. I think anyone that took the time to put up there own...[custom]/[stock] thread should be able to join when ever they can. They should just have to post a pic of the tank just getting started when they post there official entry pic. IMO

Thanks guys this was/is just a fun contest to me not really a competition.Its kind of a hard thing to judge anyway with so many different styles(whos to say ones better than the other)?unless its stricktly on growth ,then we would all have GSP-xenia tanks LOL.

I'd be stoked to be able to enter as a late entry!

Aww, that's a shame. Perhaps you'll still be allowed to sneak your entry in later.

I hope that your tank arrives real soon, finger crossed.

Best regards

Ann

Archived