Top Shelf Aquatics

deacon hemp's pico

deacon hemp

I wasn't gonna enter cause i cant even use the prizes but what the hell,most of my stuff is sittin around! I'm in it just for fun. BTW more equipment pics after my tank is drilled.

post-1735-1129586521_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man,i dont even care to win i just have an excuse to make a 2.5... I am still unsure of drilling it as im not going sps?.I need to make up my mind quickly.My rock will all be very cured so im not worried too much about ppl with a head start!

about time someone that isnt from the little 04 05 battle, about time for an old timer like me to join, i thought about it but just dont have the time nor space to do it.

Thanks gil,i have made up my mind and am going to go all out on this little guy! Dare i say it goin for the win! LOL ..... just wait till i unleash my secret weapon. coming soon

nice. your custom pico will add some real competition to this contest. ;) good luck.

and nice flapper surge design. I guess I should post my design soon since y'all showing me up now.

Glad you're entering. This will be a good contest. Tons of info for the newbies, and still somewhat challenging for the seasoned guys, especially with the limits on [sTOCK]. Only one will "win", but I don't really think thats the point for many;)

nice. your custom pico will add some real competition to this contest. ;) good luck.

and nice flapper surge design. I guess I should post my design soon since y'all showing me up now.

Thanks tigah,i knew i had to seriously step up and do something pretty different to compete! and yes please show your design?,i think everybody already thinking you have this in the bag is just plain stupid! LOL

Daemonfly,i think your right that its still a challenge for the seasoned reefers here,the dimentions are pretty small for making these inovative designs!

My tank is going to be a montipora species tank! platings,caps,digi's all different colors,my idea was to show impressive growth from the monti's since the comp is only 6 months. plus i love monti's :)

mini update i got my black starboard.....this is gonna look cool,like a lab setup.

Edit:a ? for the custom sps ers,are u guys using cooked rock?it takes too long to cook it for this contest and i cant find pre-cooked LR.I guess i'll figure it out.

i think everybody already thinking you have this in the bag is just plain stupid! LOL

I agree w/ you 100% on that. but to think any one reefer has it in the bag is just equally as stupid. ;)

I agree w/ you 100% on that. but to think any one reefer has it in the bag is just equally as stupid. ;)

Agreed....That was my point. good luck to everybody,im not even in this to win,i needed a new tank. lol

Edit:a ? for the custom sps ers,are u guys using cooked rock?it takes too long to cook it for this contest and i cant find pre-cooked LR.I guess i'll figure it out.

yeah, I'm using cooked LR... well, kind of... I got my LR about two weeks ago, and I am cooking it right up till I set up the tank (probably the 5th... the last day to do so :lol:!) I move the rock into a fresh 5 gal bucket of new water every three days, and in between, I leave the lid on and don't touch it. I have a MJ1200 in the bucket.

Jared

damn, i was gonna do a surprise entry and do an all monti tank since ive got tons of it already. well there goes that idea....i think im not entering now... ha ha what a wimp i am

Come on SLO you should enter,although im worried cause you have tight monti's if i remember correctly! LOL......BATTLE

Bogart:thanks,my idea for doing this contest was inspired by a tank from another contest.IMO you pretty much have to do something different from all the other entries to stand out plus the growth you can show with monti's is way bigger than most other sps,plus they dont NEED MH. For my inspiration tank......check reef.org contest entry GUY,and you'll see where im heading.i want to see if i can fuse 2 monti's!

"Fuse" that sounds nutz! If thats succesful I call first dibbs on a frag. I agree growth is important part of this contest, well at least I think. Im definatly keeping an eye on this thread.

thanks bogart,yeah the fuse is nutz!lol if you havent already go to www.reefs.org sign up and check they're nano contest.Guys tank is super cool,and he has monti's one green and one purple fused together.they just grew together and became 1.

an update for me i just purchased fish's starfire cube! my design was gonna be wayyyy to loud for my bedroom so a silent setup is what im gettin! i found some kill live rock too so things are coming together. post pic when i recieve it!

i just purchased fish's starfire cube!

He was selling that? Ok....deacon, I offically hate you. I am soooo to lazy re-create that setup and it is just incredible. You better do something awsome with it or be prepared to sell it to me. ;)

Good luck.. (but I am still gonna give you run at winning the custom catagory anyway..despite your awsome tank)

Archived