Green/Pink Hammer

SPS

Green Montipora Digitata

Purple W/ Green Polyp Montipora Capricornus

Softies

Leather

Green Kenya Tree

Xenia Elongata-- maybe

Multiple Zoanthids-- colros yet to be determined!

GSP

And whatever else I want!

First FTS. Taken 9:25am on 10/16/05.

fts1_10-16.jpg

Current corals in tank:

Hammer

Leather

GSP

Glove Polyps

Xenia

Encrusting Gorg

Green Kenya Tree

Green Digi

Zoos and more Zoos

Green Hairy Shroom

BTW.. nothing is placed, just kinda tossed in! so I know it's messy!

lol, before I read your last sentence, "BTW.. nothing is placed, just kinda tossed in! so I know it's messy!", I was thinking, "Is this his Idea of winning the contest?". LOL

Im not worrying about placement until the corals are more happy in the new tank...lol

Plus i want to add some more things, once I have figured out everything, then i will aquascape!

Well today I got some new equipment. I switched out my Tronic heater-- took up too much space, and picked up a Hydor Mini heater. I also switched out my Penguin HOB for the Hydor Pico pump (103 GPH) ... I really saved a bunch of space inside the tank with these two upgrades. Now I think I can compete!

So I re-aquascaped, and glued in frags.. I will post a pic tomorrow after the dust settles again.

Well today I got some new equipment. I switched out my Tronic heater-- took up too much space, and picked up a Hydor Mini heater.

is that the mat heater? skyslade, posted it in rdo's nano forum (if it's the same thing). looked very interesting, small and simple, no breakable parts.

i'm concerned about the lack of control tho, no temperature controller/thermostat. it's just supposed to keep the tank a degree or two above ambient(?), which might not be good enough for me anyways.

but i'm curious about it's reliability and such. i'm hoping they come out with a controller soon.

Im working on a FTS. I stirred up the sand a lot yesterday, and today its settled, but I had to blow it off all the corals and LR, so its up agian. Im running a powerfilter to suck out all the suspended dust. when it clears tonight, i should get a decent shot.

The heater is the small mat heater (on RDO) My temp has stayed steady all day at around 76. That should be ok for my softies, they dont seem to mind today. It has stayed that temp all day and night yesterday and today. The room isnt heated either, so temps last night went into the 60's and the tank was 74 this morning... Im going to watch it as the tamps drop here in Philly this week. I may have to go back to the tronic...

here are some pics. Sorry the tank was still a little dusty!

FTS

fts3_10-24.jpg

New Protos and Fire&Ice Frag

zoo_frag1_10-24.jpg

Green Hammer

hammer10_24.jpg

another FTS

fts2_10-24.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

#3 is a green monti that is brown right now. It is encrusting and branching, but it isnt coloring up under my 20W screw in.. I am probably switching that out for either the 2x9 or a single 18W-- Hopefully that will remedy the coloring problem.

#5 is a tiny 1/4" blueberry ric. It was just a tiny piece of the foot ithat was stuck to some rubble after i cut the main ric off. it grew a new head within 3 days...

Archived