Coral Vue Hydros

Pico Contest Idea Stew

phergus_25

I figgured that we should use the other thread for helping design the rules, so I figgured we could use this to share your ideas about your setup. Including livestock, corals, shrimp.... and so on and so on. I'm really excited about this contest I think its gonna be a great way to see abunch of new ideas.

-greg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want something that is not common...i cant look at another sexy shrimp anymore....when ever i hear stocking for a pico i hear..oh how about soem sexy shrimp.im tired of it..grrrr..i need somthing newand interesting (no boxer crabs either)...any ideas??? i am going with macro and reef tank... a kinda open feel to it..you know

I saw cool tank at shed's in Chicago. It was a mangrove tank with rocks and mangroves above the water line. It had fiddler crabs, and camel shrimp clinging to the mangrove pods. I think They said that was the shrimps natural habitat... I call that idea!!!!

I plan on modding the hell out of my tank! Im talkin false walls, hydor flow, ato, refugium, and maybe even metal halide.

btw, have you noticed that its only us teans that have posted in this thread thus far?

yeah, no doubt.

Ahh man... I've got so many ideas for this thing... Now I'm thinkin' a species tank... or maybe a green theme...

OR a tidepool type thing. I thought of a system the other day involving spinkler valves and a float switch... But I dont want to make this too complicated...You know... funds...

i am formualting (lol..big word and spelling?) some thoughts in my head for the look (aquascaping) but i am still stumped on stocking..i will have to think it out...lol...ya i might just stop talking about what im going to do...and (as Green-day711 would say it) surprise you all, :D

I can't say my idea is all that original (all sps) but hopefully my implementation will be. I just love tinkering, so DIY stuff is a ton of fun for me. This tank will have DIY: 70w metal halide, refugium, overflow, skimmer, and maybe more. I'm also putting more flow in this tank than may have ever been atempted in such a small tank I am useing cooked rock and going BB... so hopefully it doesnt just look f***ing baren, lol!

Good luck,

Jared

Damn, with all of the teens in the contest I feel obligated to join. Unfortunately, funds aren't just low they are in the negatives so I will be watching this contest. Good luck to all you young reefers.

im goin sps all the way

im talkin MH lighting closed loops ato surge systemps ca reacter rowaphos reacter and loads more

i cant wait

ps can any one tell me the diamensions of the standard all glass aquariums in the states as we dont have them er here in the uk

thanks in advance

Archived