ReefCleaners.org

what are they

clown fish rule

clown fish rule

Hello

on my 10 gallon i have all these little white leech type things about 100 of them. they are not pods, and not flatworms!!! what are they, sorry bad discription

Heh... That doesn't help, hon. You need a VERY DETAILED description. Size? Are they free-swimming, or do they crawl on the glass and/or rocks? Or do they prefer to hide in the rocks? What sort of shape do they have? How quickly do they move, and how do they move? Do they crawl slowly? Scoot about like an inchworm? Slither like a snake?

There are a LOT of things it could be. Sorry!

Sounds like Angolian Fever Death Slugs. They're harmless now, but once they reach adulthood (about three inches) they'll grow small sacks in their bodies to store oxygen, allowing them to leave the water of your aquarium and crawl around your house at night.

If they come into contact with a warm blooded animal, they'll burrow into the blood stream, lay 10 million eggs, and scurry back to the tank to laugh about it with their buddies over fetid slug-lattes in the slug-cafe.

Tee-hee.

Do they look like this, maybe? flatowrm%20pwic%20wwm.jpg

Another cute little fella.

AmphiscolopsFlatWmMikeG.jpg

Heheh..Death slugs.

Speaking of flatworms, check out this beauty:

Pseudobiceros_hancockanusHRN.jpg

...And this lovely little number...

Pseudoceros_dimidiatusHI2.jpg

Pseudoceros_ferrugineus_HI2.JPG

Pseudoceros_sp.MAB.jpg

I love that black-and-white monkey-looking flatworm. Had one once, but my angel ate him.

Originally posted by Caesar777

I love that black-and-white monkey-looking flatworm. Had one once, but my angel ate him.

My peppermint shrimp took care of mine in no time flat.

Lol... I love them all. Except that death slug... Yikes!

weird.jpg

I know, cheap--but ooohhh, burn!

Originally posted by Caesar777

Lol... I love them all. Except that death slug... Yikes!

Angolian death slug. Gotta remember that. These guys are very patriotic. Sooner sing the Angolian national anthem than eat a human alive.

Well, gurgle the national anthem. They try their best.

Heheheh.. That's pretty darn funny. :D

Are they like a dot, a tiny coil?

Give a darn description! Do they look like a worm? Are they smooth, or covered with bristles? Are they squishy or hard (suggesting a tough carapace or tube)? INFO!

Archived