Top Shelf Aquatics

1.5g - T.Durden Style

T.Durden

customaquatics.com. type "Jalli" in the search field. about halfway down you'll see the 11" (10-3/4" to be exact) fixture and even a 16-3/4" fixture...but it only has 18w, so kind of low for a 5g.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definately cool.

I saw this same tank at PetCo about 2 months ago and thought "Mantis tank?" I was so close to buying it.

But, alas, I don't have any more room.

Looks great.

Have you thought about cutting down the light to fit the tank a little better? I notice that it overhangs some.

I did a similar project with a Current Satellite hood and it turned out great.

Of course, I don't know if it's possible on that fixture, but I thought I'd just throw it out there.

jmt - I def want to cut the fixture down. What did u use to cut your satellite fixture?

winnie - Pico itself has only been up for a few days, but all the contents were transferred from my established (but somewhat neglected) larger reef tank.

Thanks for input, peeps.

I used a ban saw, but it can be done with a hacksaw.

All you have to do is cut and inch or so off of one side and reconfigure the components to fit (eg: trim down the reflector - scissors work well).

After you cut it down, just take a file and file it smooth. The end should screw back on like it did originally.

now the fixture is 2" shorter (it was actually closer to 12" instead of 10-3/4").

td024.jpg

Only cut 1/4" off the left side b/c size of ballast, but cut 1-3/4" off the left side.

td022.jpg

td023.jpg

Thnx. I sliced that baby w/ a hacksaw like u recommended. Worked out nicely.

I'm too lazy to put the back on drawer.

Fresh idea dude. I have 2 of the same tanks. I also have a kick *ss column type stand made of cherry & stands 3 1/2' tall 18"X18" . I think it's time for a 3rd pico.........

Archived