Coral Vue Hydros

1.5g - T.Durden Style

T.Durden

Where did you get that awesome shrimp from? Any clue on to what he might be? If not, can I have your permission to post a pic of him in a few ID forums? What does he eat? He looks a little like a harlequin, but not quite as "leafy."

I would LOVE to get one of these guys. I might have to set up ANOTHER pico if I can get my hands on one.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LFS. The guy said it was a rare "mango" shrimp. But I don't think he knows what he's talking about. Go ahead and post the pics. I wanna know what it is too.

Nice investigative work, Darold. If only I wasn't so lazy.

Spiny Shrimp sounds so...blah. I think I'm stickin' w/ mango shrimp.

But now I gotta buy some sea stars (and LFS said they had same requirements as sexy shrimp. bastard).

There was some debate over the feeding requirements. Hopefully since they are so small compared to a harlequin, water quality can be kept clean.

• 4 weeks later...

The shrimp is cool, no doubt about that. :P

My question for you, T. Durden, is what are you using for lighting? I'm setting up something quite similar soon and need to figure out the lighting... Let me know, would ya? You have my AIM, too.

Awesome, man. LOVE it. Excellent work on shortening the light, on picking livestock, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Man. I've gotta say I love your tank. Seeing this has really made me want to move to the Pico life style. I've had 100g+ sps reefs and I'm sporting a 12g Nano now but I'm thinking of selling it all off and getting one of these little suckers. For my current situation it's much more space friendly.

Awesome work!

Glad u like it, Sean.

It's still up and running, but no pics b/c I haven't found an effective way to reach the algae ish.

I better go look up that "nimble" magnet cleaner thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any new updates on this T. Durden? I just picked up one of these tanks on clearance at Petco and was thinking of doing similar plumbing. That is one sexy looking pico you have there!!!

I not sure if the thread already talks about this, but is that plastic or glass and in either case how did you drill it whether it was glass or plastic? Thanks, I have a red sea wave that is glass and would love to put a sump on it. Thanks,

Archived