Coral Vue Hydros

Nanocustoms Annoucement

ccjung

just to be clear, not a single 24g i have sold as a complete unit was sold as a "modded" tank every unit was a "stock" tank.

I dont sell them as modded tanks and I never have. I only sell DIY kits for modification by the end user, and in some instances mod a canopy for placement on thier existing tanks.

I stated early on that I dont mod the 24g, for various reasons.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...ht=24g+upgrades

Chris

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I'd like to take the opportunity to tune into this thread and give my opinion:

I''ve supported JBJ since the launch of there first cube 1x24 watt 12 gallon. I purchased it from a reputable LFS in the SF bay area, Lucky Goldfish.

I was drawn to there uniqueness and the fact that nano reefing could and would work. I happen to be a reefer from the late 80's and have a lot of background in saltwater setups.

JBJ gave me an opportunity to come back to reefing after having been dormant for 10 years, thanks JBJ.

With that said, I came across Chris Jung later that same year as I became a member of this site.

Chris was just venturing into the cube like me and had some neat ideas on how to up the lighting for experienced reefers like myself.

I knew that the product I had was not marketed for high end users and Chris was a door to a great opportunity for me to expand my corals.

I was upset with JBJ when I learned that they were making the 2x24 watt upgrade and ditching the first cube I had purchased, there was no upgradeability since the hoods were different designs.

I was left with having to convince my wife that I had to purchase yet another JBJ 2x24 watt 12 gallon cube. My wife gave me the green light and I quickly jumped in again.

This JBJ tank rocked and I was so happy with it's new design, the engineers really scored, but there was still this guy named Chris that was talking about enhancing the cube.

I'm honored to say, I was the first customer of his to purchase two 10 watt T-5 actinics: He delivered it to me with instructions and customer support that rivals that of big vendors.

I became an instant loyal customer for the way I was treated, compared to JBJ, where 9 out of 10 times there website would be down.

With Chris, it was like having extra added insurance on my cube, but I was shocked that he was not affiliated with JBJ at all.

In fact, his website clearly stated in bold letters that any of his hoods modded would void JBJ warranty and that he would pick up the warranty for 6 months on a high end lighting system.

I was skeptical and decided to purchase not a modded hood but just the addition of the T-5's and he said I would not require any fabrication nor would I alter the hood I had: being that I was not that good at do it yourself projects, I went the easy way.

I loved my additional lights and was so happy with his customer service and the safety that went behind his product. He called me several days later to make sure my system was running efficient.

This marked the beginning of a great success story that I have had with him and the support he has given the JBJ line.

I later had him mode me the MikeGuerrero signature tank based on the type of lighting I wanted for my corals, Chris was always safety first then anything else.

With the success of my tank design, I purchased the Larnie edition for my bedroom and was so happy with the efficiency and support that came behind his hoods.

These two JBJ tanks were purchased at two separte LFS, Atlantis Aquarium in Fremont, and Aquarium Concepts in Hayward. Both tanks were in great condition with no leaks, however one tank had a visible scratch in the front that I couldn't see untill the tank was up and going.

JBJ was awesome in that they had me photograph my tank and got an approval and sent me a new tank, thanks JBJ.

I however, became concerned with the overheating in both modded hoods and the original JBJ stock hood. I voiced my opinion several times to JBJ back in Dec 04, with them hinting about a chiller but it never came out.

I kept my business with Chris and later found out that he had a prototype integrated chiller assist. His product made it to my home thoroughly tested before my corals boiled up from this summer heat, thanks Chris.

I recall many times that I had questions or concerns regarding the JBJ cube and Chris always answered objectively regarding his knowledge on the matter.

I always saw him as a true supporter for the JBJ line of cubes and other lighting put out by them. On many occasions he advised me to be patient and wait for JBJ new cube design when they went throught the new splash guard design.

Chirs supported so many user that want to go bigger in reefing and ditch the nano world, Chris gave us reason to stay.

I just want to leave you with a small figure, I'm no bigger than anyone on this site, I'm just an instructor at a private college but with that said, I've invested a little over one thousand dollars in Nanocustoms and would clearly invest another one thousand dollars because of the professionalism Chris brings to this hobby.

Now I'm one supporter of Chris, so one thousand dollars is nothing to JBJ. But how about if we talk about just 30 of his loyal customers: 3 x 30 = $30,000 dollars in less than 6 months.

What could the figures be if in 6 years 300,000 cubes were sold by him and word of mouth? JBJ, don't place yourself above us, remember that once apon a time America Online started to grow and decided they needed to merge with a bigger company, they approached the mighty giant Timer Warner; they laughed at the idea of purchasing them and turned them down. As history would follow, four years passed and AOL became the giant they are and purchased a huge sector of Timer Warner.

We are your customers JBJ, we have purchased your creative, innovative cube, Chris has simply improved upon a product that could and we have his company today running with just as much customer service as his first conversation with me over 1 year ago.

First order of business politics, falty equipment, loss of profits, it's the CEO that is respondsible, don't point the finger at a another company without giving us statistics on your claim.

In the world of sales and marketing, word of mouth is the greatest asset as it is also an enemy to a company: please respect what Chris has done for us in this hobby !!!

Would I recommend a JBJ cube or product to a friend, you bet I would. I wouldn't be back in this hobby if it wasn't for your design and release of such a great product, thank you for that.

Sincerely,

Michael Guerrero

Archived