SaltCritters.com

2.5 Mini-Bow Pico Project

doncb

Hello,

I'm curious about the status of your fish that was in this tank since the beginning. Is it still in there? Maybe I missed something while I was reading all the posts in this thread.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello,

I'm curious about the status of your fish that was in this tank since the beginning. Is it still in there? Maybe I missed something while I was reading all the posts in this thread.

He went to the big reef in the sky a few months ago. Not sure what happened. Lights out he's swimming fine. Lights on in the morning & he's laying on the sand. :(

• 5 weeks later...

This tank is awesome.. What brand of salt do you use for the tank?

Do you put any added trace elemtns in like calcium, alk, iodine or anything like that?

This tank is awesome.. What brand of salt do you use for the tank?

Do you put any added trace elemtns in like calcium, alk, iodine or anything like that?

I use Oceanic salt for all my tanks. Seems to work better than Instant Ocean (at least for me). I do weekly water changes and don't add any supplements. Too easy to OD a tank that small.

I want to wire a computer fan up to my hood because I am getting alot of condinsation..

Would it be ok if I just wired it up to a regular power wire and plugged it in the wall? Kind of like wiring the lamp socket?

Where do I find what you used etc if my way wont work..

I want to wire a computer fan up to my hood because I am getting alot of condinsation..

Would it be ok if I just wired it up to a regular power wire and plugged it in the wall? Kind of like wiring the lamp socket?

Where do I find what you used etc if my way wont work..

The only way you could plug a fan into the wall is if the fan was 120vac.

I used a small CPU fan and hooked it up to a variable PS. I run it at 3.5 vdc I think. That way it is quiet but pulls enough air to eliminate condensation. 5vdc would work too. Even though the fan is rated 12vdc they will run at lower voltages.

Archived