SaltCritters.com

Artarmon's all-in-one custom nano!

artarmon42

Jeez! What do I gotta do to get my birdsnest growing like yours? Nice Work

I'm not sure, but I'd probably give the most credit to the following:

• Catalina NSW: Polyp extension is great, which I take to mean that the coral is happy
  • T5 Lighting: Growth really took off when I "upgraded" my lighting
  • Skimmer/Fuge: Stable water conditions and low toxins/nitrates/phosphates.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

It's been awhile since I updated... I've been busy with work and other interests :o

Anyway, here are some growth sequences...

ORA German Blue Monti

November 19, 2005 (freshly fragged and mounted)

cn-blue-digi.jpg

February 12, 2006 (85 days after fragging)

cn-blue-digi-growth-2.jpg

Tub's Birdsnest

October 3, 2005

cn-tubs-growth1.jpg

October 22, 2005 (19 days after first picture)

cn-tubs-growth3.jpg

November 27, 2005 (55 days after first picture)

cn-tubs-growth4.jpg

February 12, 2006 (132 days after first picture)

cn-tubs-growth5.jpg

If there's one thing that this hobby has taught me, is patience

My tank now has so many SPS frags, I'm a little concerned that I'm not keeping a high enough Calcium level. I just wired up a Nautilus 3A dosing pump to automatically dose 2-part B-Ionic. It should put about 5ml (of each part) into this 22G tank per day. I wonder if the SPS growth rate will pick up...

how are hose frags you bought doing? I feel bad about giving you cheap freebies. When you have time, drop by so I can make it up to you with some quality freebies. We're doing some major stuff, so it's the perfect time for me to leak out goodies.

quince

• 8 months later...
sorry Im currently taking care of this tank. It's recovering after the rio accident

That really sucks, I hope there wasn't too much loses!

What happened?

• 2 weeks later...
Update?

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted anything!

I moved to Vegas, and had to break the tank down.

Supernip was kind enough to take much of it and avoid getting killed in the process :D

I hope to setup a larger tank (thinking 80G FOWLR, but maybe a reef) in the new home.

• 9 months later...
dnttouchdownther

ok the tank doesn't look like this anymore. Most of the equipments and the rocks are the things I inherited, but the live stocks are going to be completely different.

Obsessed Reefer

We have faith that you'll make this look 3% how art had it looking......lol jk. You'll make it look good in your own way. No one can imitate arts look. But I look forward to seeing you get this started.

dnttouchdownther

To be honest, I was expecting the tank to be beat up because you stated on your sale thread that it was utterly harrased. And it wasn't at all, not even close to tell you the truth. I should've known then though that coraline softens up when soaked in vinegar lol. But seriously after the tragedy that had happened, you kept it in good shape and still kept the remaining livestock healthy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALRIGHT! ARE YOU GUYS READY TO SEE THE NEW LOOK?!!!!?

HERE IT IS!!!

Teaser.jpg

I didnt know that they made under construction signs for fish tanks. hopefully doesnt take as long as construction around here does.

dnttouchdownther

Lol! sorry but here's what it looked like Aug. 1, first day it was setup.

1stday.jpg

At first I thought it looked good, but then I had one more rock to add and wasn't really excited about the whole rock work. So that's why it's under construction.

Archived