Innovative Marine Aquariums

150 Watt Aquamedic Aqua Space Light

Whitten

I am just trying to gauge interest in a trade or sale of my 150 watt Aqua Medic Aqua Spacelight. I am interested in trading my Aqua Space light for a 250 Ocean light. The 150 is an all included unit that has an electronic ballast as well as all the hanging equipment.

It was bought brand new in November of 2004 and has been over both my nano cube and my 30 gallon. I paid 400 for the fixture but would be willing to trade for the 250 watt ocean light. I love this little unit, it is silent, it works great, has never not fired and is very cool running for being a DE metal Halide. It would work great over any tank up to about 30" deep or so. Currently there is a Blueline 14,000 K bulb in the fixture. For pictures of what it looks like in opperation check out my signiture.

Here is a picture of the unit

5748DSC03224-med.JPG

150miniam.jpg

Specs on the unit:

AQUA SPACELIGHT MINI 1 X 150W METAL HALIDE, SILVER

The AquaSpaceLight features a one-piece extruded aluminum profile that offers structural stability and ensures vibration-free operation. The specially-designed polished reflector does an excellent job of evenly lighting the entire aquarium. The silver powder coat finish is ultra durable and looks great! This 16" AquaSpaceLight Fixture comes with a 150W 10,000K HQI Double Ended Metal Halide bulb. Convenient and easy to adjust ceiling hanger kit is included.

One piece powder coated extruded aluminum fixture

Available with Metal Halide 150W or 250W Double Ended HQI bulbs

UV Inhibitor Glass Lens

95% reflective Reflector focuses light into the tank

Low Profile - 3.2" High and 12" Wide

Available in black or silver

Made in Germany

I don't really see why someone would trade a higher output light for a lesser one? But If it's forsale i'm in

I'm offering the trade to people who might have a 250 like Tigah boy and want a 150 for a grow out tank. He has the 250 Ocean light and doesn't really need that much light over his grow out tank, plus the nice things about the space light would make it a great deal for some one looking at a 150 that was silent cool running and easy. Their was a fairly marked difference in price between the Aquaspace light and the ocean light due to the electronic ballast, better reflector, powder coated hood, and no need for a remote unit...it is all inclusive. I just want to see if anyone else might be in the same situation as ole Tigah Boy is in.

If I sell it I would like to get close to if not at what a new or lightly used 250 Ocean light costs. My Pendant is now being sold for 350.00 and the Ocean lights are going for around 245.00 I would sell my light for around 245.00

I figure 100.00 dollars off what the fixture is new is good considering the bulb has about another 8 months of life left on it, and it was just purchased last November.

I dunno there aren't that many Space lights being sold so maybe I should hang onto it.

http://www.hellolights.com/aqmeaboc.html

Aquamedic Lights are not $350 new! They weren't $400 in November either!! The 150W is $229 at hellolights, a sponsor of this fine website. The 250W is $249... Maybe you should have just purchased the 250W from hellolights in November... 20/20 hindsight, eh.

Unless your light is filled with crack or you got it gold plated.. don't expect anyone to pay $245 for it...

PS: These prices have been pretty much static... I've been thinking of buying one from them for close to a year now...

are you talking about the spacelight boarder. Cause that is what he is talking about and not the oceanlight. Im in the same boat as you. want to upgrade my 150 oceanlight for a 250 on my 30 gal. But I guess I can wait and buy it brand new.

Originally posted by boarder

http://www.hellolights.com/aqmeaboc.html

Aquamedic Lights are not $350 new!  They weren't $400 in November either!!  The 150W is $229 at hellolights, a sponsor of this fine website.  The 250W is $249... Maybe you should have just purchased the 250W from hellolights in November... 20/20 hindsight, eh.  

Unless your light is filled with crack or you got it gold plated.. don't expect anyone to pay $245 for it...

PS: These prices have been pretty much static... I've been thinking of buying one from them for close to a year now...

I don't appreciate anything you just said, because of what you were trying to insinuate. Let me direct you back to the top where I clearly explained that this "IS NOT AN OCEAN LIGHT", it is an "AQUA SPACELIGHT". Obviously you made no other point but to come in here and be a smart ass, which is obvious because you made absolutely no attempt at reading the entirety of the post. I will do you a little favor, I will post the link to EXACTLY what I have with the EXACT price which just happens to be Tree Fiddy.

Link to my light...research a little better next time!

Honestly you really did nothing more than to #### me off royally, because your entire post was to come in here and try to discredit me. People like you irritate me, but one thing is for sure you deffinately did not read or do any research on my thread before you opened your big mouth....Hind sight is 20/20 egh? Doing what you just did is the reason why people get bad reps. I am being honest and forth right about what I have to sell or trade I am in no way trying to screw someone, these people are friends I have no reason to hide anything from them.

Originally posted by timb000

are you talking about the spacelight boarder. Cause that is what he is talking about and not the oceanlight. Im in the same boat as you. want to upgrade my 150 oceanlight for a 250 on my 30 gal. But I guess I can wait and buy it brand new.

Yeah I love my light, especially how quiet it is. Have of the time I don't notice it comming on exept that the tank just gets bright all of the sudden. I guess I am just wondering "well if 150 looks this good, I wonder how 250 will look?"

Like I said before this is merely to gauge interest in it...as it stands I don't really know if I will end up selling it unless I know that I can get close to the ammount of what a new or well taken car of used 250 would cost...or just trade straight up.

They're both Aquamedic lights... they look strikingly similar to me. Honest mistake... sorry

Why don't you cry about it though... Honestly

They're both Aquamedic lights... they look strikingly similar to me.  Honest mistake... sorry

Honest mistakes I understand but you obviously took no time to do any research about it, further more you tried to insult my integrity. I'll tell you what your attitude sucks, even after you made a mistake you still have to be an insulent jerk. Further more your honest mistake could have been the differnece between me trading it or selling it. So yes I am going to be a bit upset when you make a post like you did, but have no fear I am going to report your rude behavior.

awesome light whitten, what a great deal!! i hope somebody trades w/ you.

eletronic ballast, and you've already gone through the trouble of getting a great bulb for it.

it would even be worth it for someone just to by you a new 250w ocean light in exchange, just to get a 150w pendent with electronic ballast and 14k bulb.

for anyone thinking about it, it would easily cost you $230 just for the pendent, another $100 for the electronic ballast, and another $80-$100 for an AB 14k bulb. Therefore this is a awesome deal!!

so it looks like the price to get whittens light would be $249.00 plus shipping to his house!

http://www.hellolights.com/ocli25hqiame.html

bump for great deal!

They're both Aquamedic lights... they look strikingly similar to me.  Honest mistake... sorry

WTH? Are you on crack or something? How the **** did you call that's honest mistake? You said you are on this light for a year or so and you can't tell the different from the picture? How can you compare the cheap @$$ ocean light to this one? I swear troll like you I've seen so many on this board and RC. Doing nothing but bashing people thread.

Originally posted by lgreen

awesome light whitten, what a great deal!!  i hope somebody trades w/ you.

eletronic ballast, and you've already gone through the trouble of getting a great bulb for it.

it would even be worth it for someone just to by you a new 250w ocean light in exchange, just to get a 150w pendent with electronic ballast and 14k bulb.

for anyone thinking about it, it would easily cost you $230 just for the pendent, another $100 for the electronic ballast, and another $80-$100 for an AB 14k bulb.  Therefore this is a awesome deal!!

so it looks like the price to get whittens light would be $249.00 plus shipping to his house!

http://www.hellolights.com/ocli25hqiame.html

bump for great deal!

I really appreciate it man, that makes me feel better. I was hoping that others would think this was a good deal. I wish I could afford to buy the 250 Space Light but as it turns out that one is in the neighborhood of 500.00, so the Ocean light will do me just fine until I can get the money to swap out the ballast at a later date.

150w Aquamedic Aqua Space Light FOR a 250w Aquamedic Ocean Light is more than a fair trade. those Aqua Space Lights are so dang sexy!

Wobach I really feel sorry for you man, I had to get mine out of my room..All of my posters have faded anywhere that light may have touched them hahah.

Hey Tigah, you don't by any chance still have or want to trade that 250 of yours do you? I noticed that you were on the look out for a 150 for your grow out tank, and with as much heat as that room must produce, I can imagine a low heat transmission fixuture would be a breath of cool air...no pun intended.

Me either, oh well I guess I will just leave the offer out there for who ever is interested. Good thing is that I am in no hurry.

judging by the thread my first thought was hang on to it for the long run since you allready have that beast, yet why ask your lfs for credit? good luck what corals would sell it off for you? love to pull any coral form the tank above for a light phaa

At this moment in time I am already in a deficit for calcium in my tank due to the corals I have, and I also need a light to keep them happy so unfortunately I will have to pass on a coral trade, but I do appreciate the offer. I will keep you in mind when I decide I need to stuff my tank further.

You know that is a good idea about trading it in at the store...maybe I can just swap out my fixture for one that already have there and get a little credit on the side.

honestly, what would be the better way to go is to sell this on reef central, and use the money to buy a 250w Ocean light.

chances are at the lfs you won't get even close to what it is worth even used.

I have a feeling that you are right. I will make a post over there tommorow. Thanks for all the help guys, it really means alot to me.

Great idea on Reef Central by the way, I honestly think that is what I am going to do.

You know it is funny I told myself that the 150 would be plenty because I didn't plan on doing that much SPS...yeah well guess what is taking up the top of my tank now..you guessed it SPS. I guess I just want the extra 100 watts of light for the overkill factor, that an I want to see some more rapid growth of my corals.

Archived