Coral Vue Hydros

Picture of the Fish Bowl Moon Lights Installed!

Web Guy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed mine in the same spot as sneirbo's. No issues yet. Angling the light to point towards the reflector is a great tip - thanks sneirbo. Really gives it a nice glow.

Fyi, my friend had one mounted over his tank. While he was away on vacation, the whole light unit fell in. When he got home, the light was still shining brightly (in the tank). I was pretty surprised.

Ok Gil thanks, I just mounted mine in the same place using the double sided tape. I was going to use screws but I don't have any that size that are stainless steel. I also made sure to pass an alcohol pad were I mounted the tube and it seems like it stuck well. I remember someone mentioning the light blue color instead of the darker blue in the other moonlights. Still real pretty though.

"SOME???" More like the whole tank is bathed in a crystal blue light. I have a green ric and a torch that just glow under the light.

Originally posted by gil716

I installed mine in the same spot as sneirbo's.  No issues yet.  Angling the light to point towards the reflector is a great tip - thanks sneirbo.  Really gives it a nice glow.

Gil -

Glad to know someone besides me tried the reflector bounce tip and liked it! I think it gives the tank a REALLY cool look compared to just aiming the light straight into the tank.

here's a shot of my 24 with the moonlight for reference. ignore that tube at the top left. i was running a skimmer to help me thru an algae cycle.

85010062805_014-2.jpg

can you guys post some more pics?

did the last posts pic not work or is it just my computer wont show it?

Overall, are you pleased with the results of the moonlight or not?

Reefer Addict

I installed 3 of them in my "Ganja" tank. I am totally satisfied. Don't get this light if you are into the 'beam' look...

I'v etried contacting Fishbowl Innovations without luck. This is my last attempt. I posted pictures of my melted lunar light in my gallery:

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showphoto...o=13988&cat=500

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showphoto...o=13989&cat=500

If someone from Fishbowl reads this, please send me a PM for my address. I will keep everyone updated about the replacement status and if the folks at Fishbowl follow up on this!!!

Don't tell me that! I have photos of mine melted as well. They posted on here about replacing them. They have a warranty. If you find out something before I do please post here so I know what is going on as well.

Thanks,

Jason Webb

There's a post by Steve Connell at Fishbowl Innovations on page 2 of this thread. Try PMing him from that post maybe.

My first set of lights melted as well, Steve replaced mine very quickly, no questions asked. I submitted my request for placement via their Contact Link on their website. http://fishbowl-innovations.com/index.php/...00df6f54057853b

PS Scary1 - if you want to insert pix in your posts, Edit your post and change the "" "" to "". That should put the pix right in your post.

I got in touch with him today, the link worked....although the ttitle of the respose was "Re: failure notice". It seems like this is going to be a straightforward process. I'll repost with the verdict!

Archived