Top Shelf Aquatics

Evaporation Makeup Float Switches.....

Physh1

Originally posted by Djm9288

Hows my "special" switch coming????

Testing it now.....I got it on a cycle and I'm going to let it from for a few days to make sure it's stable.

Originally posted by MacnReef

I placed my order. I can't wait until that mail man comes, I will be so proud of my new item. I think I might, yep, here it comes  

I will have pics and keep everyone posted!

Thanx Cameron

:D...No problem....should see it soon. Even though mail is slow for the holidays Florida isn't too far away:).

Cameron

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For future reference on mounting these things, make sure there is nothing else located close to the switch.

It seems every snail in my tank could sense the new peice of equipment and absolutely had to try and climb on it. I almost came back form the weekend to a flooded tank. I yanked the offending snail off and within 5 mins I had another trying to climb on.

Or much surface undulation.. it could trigger the switch on and off with the passing of the waves.. I had to remove my rotating powerhead, which is ok because I replaced my hood recently and put in an AquaClear which keeps the water churning, but is very fluid (no pun intended)..

Originally posted by sunflashx

For future reference on mounting these things, make sure there is nothing else located close to the switch.

It seems every snail in my tank could sense the new peice of equipment and absolutely had to try and climb on it.  I almost came back form the weekend to a flooded tank.  I yanked the offending snail off and within 5 mins I had another trying to climb on.

Yeah....I just updated my paperwork that mentiosn that now. As longs as there is no rock or anything near the switch everything should be fine.

I am working on a shield that will cover the switch so if snails happen to get to it the cover will keep them from weighing down the bobber.

Cameron

I got my switch on Friday and installed it in about 2 mins. I purchased an extra 5 gallon bucket and hooked up a maxi-jet 900 to it and it works great! Thanx Cameron! Worx Awesome!

Archived