Pod Your Reef

ProFlatlander15's 29Gal Project

ProFlatlander15

ProFlatlander15

yea, i did that the second time,i realized the eopxy wasnt going to stick to smoothness. im just keeping the racks like that, i want to give the tank a sense of depth.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProFlatlander15

well, i just ordered some LR from eBay today, about 20lbs. the other 15lbs or so is cycling now, there are diatoms everywhere, my tank is a mess. the LR should come monday or tuesday...so i guess it is time to start thinking about stocking options.

for corals, it will be a mixed reef, eventually a clam, and <maybe> and anenome, but probably not. now for fish, i had a few ideas. i think it would be cool to have a dwarf fuzzy lion, but that would be the only fish i could keep.

so i thought of getting 3 chromis and 2 cardinalfish....any other ideas?

edit- oh yeah, a pair of ocellaris from my 10G too, so maybe not the cardinals...

Pro-man that is pretty damn tight.

Some nice creativity involved too...

Someone needs to come up with a preformed/molded live rock locking insert for the back of tanks. Now that would be sweet.

Keep it up dude.

ProFlatlander15

thx , put alot of time into this, and im glad you like it.

the premolded LR would be cool for giving reefs more of a depth, and let you utilize the useless back wall.

Awesome Tank!!

How has your overflow been working so far? I am debating on whether to do something like yours or just go with the HOB overflow. Thanks for any help.

ProFlatlander15

thanks guys.

Anthozoa - actually, its been working extremely well, better than i could have guessed. i was pretty skeptical about doin it, seeing as how there is only about and inch and a half in the widest point. however, i used a hofer gurgle buster to quiet the drain, and crammed some PVC in there and its been running perfectly for a few weeks now.

all i did was cut a 4" PVC pipe in half, and silicone it to the back wall. little work, paintable, and blends in nicely.

Hey thanks a lot for the reply, I think i'm going to go ahead and try to setup something similar to yours. I sent you a pm don't know if you got it thou? Well thanks again and good luck with the tank.

ProFlatlander15

Thx icenine. I got some more rock yesterday from eBay, and aquascaped for all of 10minutes...ill post pics as soon as i can...

ProFlatlander15

well, heres the new aquascape...the big dark lump in the front is some chaeto, i dont have a light in the fuge yet, i get paid tomorrow...lol. lemme know what you think, and i need some stocking options!!

More_Rock.jpg

ProFlatlander15

i was tryin that, w/o the flash, but my camera kept saying the pic was blurred. i gotta get sumthin to rest it on. ill have summore time tomorrow maybe.

ProFlatlander15

an FTS as of like 10 minutes ago... its a little green cuz of all the algae, and yellow cuz the halides just came on. im thinking 3 bangaii cardinals and 3 chromis.

FTS_Aquascp_1.jpg

ProFlatlander15

2 bangaiis, 3 chromis? i think they are all relatively small fish so my biol oad should be that bad...not to mention LR in the fuge...i would basically be stocking for a 40G, right?

ProFlatlander15

a new aquascape...a bit better than the last one IMO. i found a tripod for the camera, so im hoping these are better pics as well....

anyway, i moved my two ocellaris from my 10G to this...and i think they get lost...

my stocking list as of now will be the two ocellaris, 2 bangaii cardinals, and maybe one small goby or something that doesnt have a large bioload. yes, i keep up w/ WCs...

New_Aquascape.jpg

I like the new rock work. More spots for corals.

You know what would be cool? If you put some xenia on those rock out croppings on the overflows and maybe glue a sun coral on the higher one but up side down.

ProFlatlander15

thx pili, i was thinking bout Xenia on them too! i have a recovering sun coral, but i dont think im gonna put it upside-down cuz its too hard to feed.

Your tank is looking real good Pro... I was wondering how much evap. your having per day. And what your using for your top off water? I know you used the distilled water start with. Did you buy a RO/DI unit? Or are you using RO water from a store?

ProFlatlander15

thx DistantFire. i have a lot of evap /day...atleast a half gallon when my lights and fans are on....i am using WalMart distilled water, but am looking into purchasing an RO/DI unit soon. theres a bit of a hair algae problem now, so i am wondering if its water related, or just a phase of the new tank.

Archived