Coral Vue Hydros

what salt?

SeaFish

DO A FUC****ING SEARCH ....YA STUPID.

The reason no one answered this is cause this topic is beat to death. Look one or 2 pages back. There is one with a poll, and a LOT of talk of salts as of recently in General.

X)

Hope This Helps..... in a blunt way.

I was going to reply, "Morton's, when it rains, it pours! Do a search before Dave yells at you." Then I thought, why steal Dave's thunder? Who am I to take that moment away from Dave?

I think I made the right choice. ;)

Dave sez:

I dont make a cent on-line . In REAL LIFE, I charge 32.00@HR. fer this ######.  

AND YOU WANT ME TO PUT UP WITH BULL###### (and idiots who cant be bothered to READ for themselves) ON LINE TOO ?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ajroahkni made an excelent point.  

SIZE=4] - it's UP FRONT HONESTY. That's what we all want... [/size]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite simply.......

It is what I (and others at times) provide.

Its not always a FLAME as some are so "afraid of"

anyone who post is open to Criticizim and Praise equaly.

TAKE YER LUMPS AND GET ON WITH IT....

Dont like it, dont be in the hobby.

When was the last time the ASPCA was on Pet Precinct banging down doors cause some one was a bad "reefer"?

never.  

REEF TANKS ARE NOT TOYS.  

cant stand heat, get the F****K out of the kitchen.

'Nuff said.

EDIT: to whom it may apply...

Stupids.

what

Sounds like Dave woke up on the wrong side of the tank this morning. Let this be a warning to all posters that Dave is in flame mode.

Oh and Dave, as my 3 year old niece likes to say.....simmah down now.

haha....nice post dave. are you trying to make me laugh watching you jump up and down like a buffon over an issue that is not only beaten to death, but "stupid" as you have mentioned? seeing you like this reminds me of the monkeys i saw on the discovery channel a few weeks back. By the way how is the circus business going for you? people still look at you, then point, and finally laugh? well, i guess they still do since your making me laugh. anyhow, i am not sure how mentally mature you are, but its all cool and good to either flame someone or to apraise someone. but being openly blunt is very dangerous when a few members of the board are still young and innocent. i have no problem getting flamed, but to those members who are not yet of age i believe it is very wrong. good advice or not, being blunt and rude obviously shows the mental maturity that you are lacking or never had to begin with. so go wash your mouth with soap as all elders would of said and probably have said to you. also, about being stupid, from the looks of it and the vocabulary that you have choosen to use in order to flame or vent your frustration, for god sakes, any 5 year old child would of been able to handle such demanding task(in your case dave) a lot better then what you have demonstrated. to simply put it, if you cant take the heat and deal with other people's questions respectively, get out of it and find yourself a new hobby as mentioned. i think it is giving you a high blood pressure or something. you never know, do you feel dizzy...? but anyway, hook on phonics i guess is a good start for you if you are interested in learning how to read and from their advertisement, they have a good selection of vocabularies for you to learn from. i am not sure but i think if you dont advance a grade or two in your skills, they offer you a refund or something. in your case, you probably ask for the refund. oh yeah...its never "too old" to start learing.

maybe the question wasnt clearly specified, but i was asking more of what you guys prefer or think is the best salt. it was an open ended question so that all inputs were welcome. i have done searches as to know what most of you probably use, but i dont see any solid information as to why one salt is better then the other. other then having some trace elements and being able to saturate faster, i still dont see how a good salt differs from a bad salt.

The reason for dave's tirade is because there is a post regarding what salt people use roughly once a week.

Oh, and I use Marine Environment because I was out of credits at Petland and figured I would go elsewhere for salt. I now have 5 1/2 25 gallon bags left so if anyone wants some salt, just drop me a line and a bag is yours for the cost of shipping.

Satchmo, yours can be left with the doorman if your interested in it.

Hooked on phonics, not hook on phonics.

Salt? Geez I dunno what do the rest of you use?.... lol sorry... I've got ME in a 72g and Bio Sea in a 20g, the ME seems to have a good Ca, pH, yadda yadda yadda out of the bag, I had to add a lot of suppliments to the Bio Sea to bring up my Calcium level.

haha...hook on phonics or hooked on phonics which ever work for dave, i wouldnt know since i dont use it. maybe he can tell us when he finally or by some miracle grows up. hehe.

thanks for the reply. your input is appreciated. =)

the point is...... you asked a redundent question that was asked in like 15 threads this month alone. try reading some other threads ranther than posting a question that is answered in near 100 threads. If you could be bothered to reply with an explenation of 2000 words +, then perhaps a little more effort could have gone into making your original question a litle more explicit rather than an obvious generalization in efforts of simply

starting conversation.

There is so much I could slam on you for in your reply that took less brainpower to compose than the assembly instructions on a pencil sharpener, but it is wasted time compounded upon by the waste I have spent on this one already.

and YES thank you for noticing.

Hooked on Phonics teaches you how to READ... not how to spieal.

perhaps you could benifit from Hooked on Phonics... the "LEARN HOW TO RESEARCH AND ADD TO EXISTING POST BEFORE MAKING REPETE THREADS" edition.

Of course that would require effort.

And assumes that you have the ability to read.

Put that in yer reef and smoke it.

Stupid.

Originally posted by Crakeur

Satchmo, yours can be left with the doorman if your interested in it.

Thanks for the offer brother, but Instant Ocean has been good to me.

hey dave (aka Retard),

how i phrase and how i ask the question is totally up to what my purpose is. this is an open end website without limites as to how or what i ask as long as it is beneficial to me or others. i might of asked this question like you said together with couple other fellow reefers, but nevetheless it is a question that i felt after my search to have not answer what i was originally asking or looking for. if that is wrong, then for christ sakes, no one would have any legitimate reason to ask anything anymore. but then again..people like you who came from a small world as small as yours, wouldnt understand it. also since i am stupid, then you must be real stupid or beyond stupid to answer someone who is already stupid to begin with.

Oh by the way dave, thanks for correcting me about hooked on phonics and the main purpose it serves. since i have never had the need to use it , you sure did clearified it with not only what seems to me as personal experience, but excellent description in your detail knowledge of the program. maybe you did learn something after all. haha..it is too bad how slow you can learn things. but i guess your lack in maturity level explains your inability to learn and function as a normal human being. but yeah...according to you, your wasting your time and effort to answer my post and reply to my post, but i guess you just didnt learn even after all that you have done. you continue to post replies and waste your time on my post. you must be one "Really Dumb and Pathetic Retard" to have make the same mistake twice. I guess being as retarded as you came out to be and more stupid then those you have called stupid is the only way us normal functioning humans can refer to apes such as you.

since it takes effort like you have indicated to put repeated posts and also effort in further searches, does it make you burn from the inside that you are reading this post again? haha, you sorry excuse for a fool, well, actually calling you a fool is too much of a praise for you, so primate of the month dave, cant take the heat, i say, just go bounce off the walls like you have always done. maybe a miracle will occure and you be normal again.

oh, about my 2000 word reply, well, look at it this way, i can go 2000 words with out trying to cuss someone out, that is more then you could of ever been able to do . so i say to you dave, dont be jealous, with your mental limitations, dont bother wasting your time. once a retard, always a retard. later

i cant help but feel sorry for a retard, but nevertheless i got to be patient with apes like you. so keep the replies coming dave, i be waiting. hehe

fighting ??

The question has been asked, alot, in various ways and if you really want to know what kind of salt everyone else uses I am willing to bet you could find it with little trouble.

I see no productive point in carrying this on any longer.

Just my humble opinion.

So Dave what type of salt do you use? :P :P :P

For the record I use Instant Ocean. Why? Cause you'd be silly not to... its the best and usually the best price.

i agree with you BCOrchidGuy. it is not productive at all, but then again to deal with retards like dave, i cant help but resort to the only way he could understand but then again he may never since the mental capacity in that retarded ape brain of his for some reason cease to function properly even in monkey's standard. he gave others a lot of crap and a lot of unnecessary rudeness and to some of the other reefers, he was very hostile. usually no one confronts him or stands up to him, but then again, one day or the other he cross the line with someone he shouldnt of. not all will take his rudeness and let it go. if he cant respect what others have to ask, then dont bother answering. we all reef with different experiences, and not all of us understand the concepts the same way we are either novices or have never dealt with problems like this and that is why we are asking. not all of us search but most of us do, and even after searching some of us still dont find an adequate answer. this board was designed to trade info and learn from those who are more experienced. if in learning how to reef requires getting cuss at and being call stupid, then the only stupid idiot( in this case dave), should just stop helping since from the input he gives, only produces more harm then good. we all reef because we love and enjoys the hobby. why make it a bad experience for those of us who either are just beginning or have enounter problems that other more professional reefers seen redundant to bring up. again as i have said, my original question was intended to be an open ended question. i am no expert in reefing, but like all of you, i want to have the best and hope to maintain the best thriving ecosystem without having to kill everything in it first. it may seem redundant, but again as i have indicated, i wouldnt be asking if i had found my answer. this reef board i belive can be a lot happpier without a foolish child trying to cuss at everyone who asks a question. to that immature fool aka retard, grow up.

but yeah..i do and definitly agree with you BCOrchidGuy. sorry that you have to endure this conflict due to dave's stupidity. we all reef and learn from past experiences. we should all be patient no matter how redundant or repetitive a question may be. we all reef at different levels. hope you all understand that and also understand there is no need for any hostility. as dave have almost always demonstrated over and over again with out failing us, his hostile ways only brings trouble. but once again, i will apologize for putting all you though this. but i do appreciate and thank all of you who contributed in anyway. thank you all.

Wow, this Dave fellow sounds like quite a troublemaker. Perhaps you should spend more time writing about how he has ruined your life. That would certainly be more productive than searching for the "salt survey" thread that was active quite recently.

hey i thank you for the link. but i have already seen the link through searches that so many thinks i have not, but my main point, how do you guys judge which salt is better then the other? what are your reference point? i know some dissolve better then the others, and some have more trace elements. but how do i know which is better for me and my tank? i am currently using IO right now and i have seen good and bad threads about it. in case i am not asking this correclty, are there websites that do salt comparisons for reef tanks? thank you all for your repies =)

Dave is like a bloodthirsty great white shark, they are scary as hell from the safety of a cage, and waaaaaaay fuggin scarier when your not in a cage.

He knows reefs as good if not better than anyone else on this site. You just have to get used to him.

hey SteveC, i feel no need to write a book, and as for the survey, i have search more then just doing some clicking buttons, but to simply put it, i have not found the answer that i am looking for. or else i woudlnt be wasting my time or anyone elses since i have better things to do then make a fuss. but yeah, no need for a book, but as for respecting other's questions, that should be honored and valued. since dave not only fail to respect and resorted to name calling, someone should remind him that not everyone thinks the same or acts the same. man, i might of assumed he is communist or something.

yeah that dave(sorry excuse for any higher evolve creatures of the world) have in past threads being not so friendly or helpful to others. but yeah, he is a nightmare and needs to grow up or just get his miserable life in line and move on or something. but yeah, i swear even dogs and cats can better comprehend the value of respect and the wealth of passing on learned knowledge without having to get all fussed up and deliquent about the whole matter at hand. i have never witness so much stupidity in one sentence from anyone then the one and only dave.

about dave being a great white shark, haha...well...what that doesnt kill you makes you stronger. i agree dave knows a great deal about reefing. that i have to give him credit on, but its simply his foul attitude. i mean if he was a lot nicer, i wouldnt have any problems with him. but yeah, i dont downplay anyone's skills, insights and experiences. thats something to consider about. well..thank you all for the insights.

I am currently using IO and I hate it! I have problems with phosphates and can never keep Ca up. Obviously not al the salt's problem, but it has a lot to offer to the mess.

Yes ... I run RO, just ordered a DI inline and am switching to Bio-Sea salt and AragaMight RO Buffer.

... Now that is a SL of 2-letter acronyms!

If you're not looking after SPS and your calcium carbonate needs are fairly low, Aragamight MIGHT be all you need. Obviously SPS tanks will need something a little more potent. Don't forget to let it sit for at least 10 minutes before adding the remineralized topup water to your tank.

Archived