Pod Your Reef

can a poor reefer get some acan for free...

BelowH2O

can some one please give me an aquarium just like the 1 at the newport aquarium its only 360,000 gallons that has tunnels then maybe i could sleep at night LOL of course it would have to be fully stocked and i would also need every one to pitch in and help with the maintenance and food supply ect.....

this is just for starters in didn't want to seem greedy LOL

Angel Higuera

I'd like to have a coral that looks like..........well, I'm sure some of you guys know what I'm thinking about.

I'd like to get it free too.

-Angel

the frag master

hey i was only asking for a favor not to get ridiculed. i thoguht u ppl would help but i guess this site isnt all that it was said to be. i was told by many members of other forums that u guys were the most respectable ppl around and that you alweays help some one out whenever possible. prove me wrong

I thought you said you weren't coming back, and that everyone here is a f*g and an a-hole. Trying again with another tactic? You need to have a reason for needing charity, not just "I'm broke and I don't want to get a job". We all work hard to build up and maintain our systems. Besdies, what's so hard about going to the local LFS and buying a mushroom or clump of zoos off the bottom of their tanks for a couple of bucks?

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I'm serious.

And I do bring up some valid points, if I do say so myself. :P

Angel Higuera
Originally posted by Angel Higuera

I'd like to have a coral that looks like..........well, I'm sure some of you guys know what I'm thinking about.  

I'd like to get it free too.

-Angel

Anybody find my coral yet? I came up with $5.00 bucks!

Well I said this before but I dont think you got it. I am 16 and onyl get $$$ from fixin peoples computers and bein their yard boy, but I haev a tank that I think is pretty nice. You need to do something to get your own $$$ so you can buy your own corals. I dont know how you were brought up but I dont take hand outs unless I have to. Have a nice day.

-greg

There you go. Phergus is a nice young man who makes his own way, and not only does it benefit him in that he can buy nice things for his tank, but he'll be better off as an adult, able to do things for himself instead of just asking for handouts as soon as things seem slightly dipped. It's the meaning of RESPONSIBILITY, and it doesn't stop at any age.

And besides, there are plenty of jobs for teens: when I was a pre-teen, and up until my earlier teenage years, I was a babysitter. I also did yard and house chores for my parents, my friends' parents (my friends and I would all work together), and my neighbors. And in my late teens, I worked at a fish store. Got some great experience (especially since it was my first "real" job) and made some money that went right back into my tank! :P

I;m sorry guys but these ppl asking for handouts ... doesn't rub me the right way. Getting into this hobby, EVERYONE KNOWS it's expensive. So for me personally, if I didn't have the $$$ for it, I would save until I did. If I couldn't save for it, I just would avoid it all together.

phergus_25 ... AMEN! :)

Archived