Pod Your Reef

Drysocket is back from the dead!

Drysocket

Originally posted by Drysocket

i'll try it.  I've got a bunch of little rocks.

yes yes we know... in yer head right? :rolleyes:

WB, stranger.....B)

tanky looks nice.. it took me 10 min to DL all the pics... Stupid dial ups....

Hey! There's nothing in my head....uh... ???

Yeah, sorry about so many pictures. I've got cable at home and work, so I don't always think about the quantity.

Reiple - Those are bubble algae. If you see them in your tank, pull them out. Korbin told me to when they first started showing up, but I left them in thinking they looked cool. Now they're everywhere! :*(

Hey the tanks looking great.

Lot sof stuff in there. Growth of sponges usually means the tanks in good working order. One thing I do notice is excessive valonia growth. I'd get rid of as many as possible before they run rampant.

Else, its all going good. Keep up the good work.

Sahin - Thanks. The bubble algae is sort of a pain. I think it's already gotten past the point of beating it. I just pluck a bunch out about once a month. It's a little out of hand, but I don't mind too much. People who aren't "in the know" with marine tanks, always seem make a point to compliment me on those. :rolleyes: Ain't that the way it goes...

Nano Reefin - Thanks. I don't have a background on it, though. You might be referring to the green coralline algae patches all over the back. ??? I do have the tank in a corner of the room with a mirror on one wall behind the top half of the tank.

So for filtration what do you put in the filter thing? A cartritg with the carbon taken out, or do you just put floss in it? I have an eclips 6 and use the bio wheele and regular filter with carbon.

-C. Jerome

I just cut a slit in the eclipse filter and dumped the carbon out. So the water is just running though the blue fiber outside part of the filter cartridge.

Archived