SaltCritters.com

Drysocket is back from the dead!

Drysocket

Here's the new green Sinularia(sp?) and purple colt that Korbin gave me.

These are the first new corals I've gotten in quite a while.

Thanks Korbin! :D

These bright yellow sponges just started growing on my rocks. I've got about 3 or 4 of them with this one being the largest. It's about the size of a golfball and growing fast.

Thanks. I'm not sure if you're joking about the green coralline or not, but I really don't like it. A lot of people just mistake it for regular scum algae.

No way man i'd rather have a mix of green and purple/pink just

to have it a little different,i have never seen it on glass before

in person,but pink is boring.i have green on my rocks but never

glass how old is your tank?

I'm sorry,also is your lighting responsible for the green on your glass,or did your rock have a ton on it.It seems like my pink algea

gets bleached and turns white because of my lighting,all other

colors only thrive low low in my tank.

printerdown01
Gots questions? Axe, yo.

Is Gots questions.... Bio-weel? Carbon? Additives? Lighting? Sorry I totally remember you, I just don't remember the specifics of your system...

No problem.

I've got a 32 watt PC(the Supernova one), I'm not running the bio-wheel, and I run the filter with the carbon taken out-just for circulation and a little filtration.

My timer keeps my lights on from 9:30 AM to 10:30 PM. I don't get too much algae that way. I do get a lot of that stupid bubble algae but, they're easy to remove.

I don't add any additives. Although once, when I first started up, I added a pH buffer just to get my pH right, but haven't touched it since.

Nice! I'm glad the sinularia looks happy. That stuff grows FAST. Looks like the colt still looks like poo, though. Oh well.:(

I'm starting to get lots of that green corraline on the back of my tank now too. Its pretty pesky.

You need to get an actinic light on those sponges and see if they glow. I'm working on getting a 13 watt for my bookworm light, and maybe I can bring that over sometime.

The colt still looks just like it did. It really isn't doing anything. ...I'll give it another week or so.

You should bring over your actinic. I'd be interested to see all of my stuff under only actinic. The biggest sponge looks like it's growing toward the adjacent rock. I'm anxcious to see if it makes a little sponge-bridge.

Archived