Pod Your Reef

Aquaclear 110(500) Fuge For Eclipse 12 Project

EPICTANKHERE

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately from the new forum change all the pics from this DIY thread have been deleted. I appoligize and feel free to PM me if you want to see shots of the making of my fuge.

-chris

WELL i updated this thread and now all the pics are back to where they should be. It made them into thumbnails instead of full size pics like before. Does anyone know how to post pics on threads in full size not just thumbnails? :D:lol::lol::lol:

Here is the most recent pic of my tank. The fuge is going strong! The light burned out after 6 months and i was without light for my cheato for like a month until i replaced (now i have i pretty green light) and the cheato survived! My corals have grown like crazy and i have added a few more. When i started the fuge i had 2 red shrooms, they have now multiplied to like a dozen. Pondering now if i can fit the new fisshion skimmer in the AC as well. Just make half the space for the fuge and half for the skimmer.......we will see!

post-11640-1129065267_thumb.jpg

The red sea art deco light has to be completely replaced (but it's cheap) the 7 watt bulb is hard wired to the fixture. I left it on 24 hours most tof the time (due to pure laziness no room for a third timer) but the cheato grew like weeds.

• 2 weeks later...

I just made myself one of these. The only thing I wish I would have done different is that I put the baffle a bit too close to the pump. It is causing it to really move with a lot of surface movement. Although, it has given me more room in the actual refugium. I have about a pound of live rock in there right now and I should be getting my chaeto today.

For lighting I'm using an 18inch 50/50 t8 (I couldn't find anything smaller, petco had one that used I think a 12" which would have been perfect). I figure that using a full spectrum could only help. Actually, anything daylight rated which is 5600K or higher would be better then just some ordinary bulb. (Just taking a page from my freshwater planted tank)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what size(watts) and brand is that heater?

Yeah, does the stock heater that comes with the Eclipse 12 fit in the AC 110?

Thank you for posting this thread, btw. I plan on trying this out for my tank after the holidays. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived