Innovative Marine Aquariums

Let's see your best macros/closeups!!!

Grizzy

I'm starting to get the hang of taking closeups and love looking at other people's macro's (that sounded weird).

Anyway, post your best shots here.

I'll post a few to get things started:

398ric_100_percent-med.jpg

398ric_close-med.jpg

398xenia-med.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how close these have to be to be considered macro shots, but here's a few of my favorites.

DSCN3076.gif

photoshopped-3.gif

DSCN3084.gif

Awesome pictures!

grizzy - I love the way rics look up close, especially their mouths. Don't you wish that xenia photos showed the pulsing? (The first time I saw them at the LFS, I went, "Ohhhh, now I get it" :))

DIYDude - I love seastars viewed from the glass - so cool!

rbaby - art! Your photos remind me of the back cover of one of the magazines I got as a kid (Ranger Rick, maybe?). It had a bunch of super-close up photos, and you had to guess what it was of :)

Here's my favorite (not my favorite specimen, but my favorite photo I've taken)

softies.jpg

Great shots so far everyone.

rbaby,

What camera are you using?

davinaster,

I've taken so many shots to try to capture the pulsing effect. It's something that has to be seen live...it's relaxing.

rbaby,

Well, either it's an amazing camera or you're one talented photographer cause those shots look professional. Superb.

Here is another one I just captured:

398frog.jpg

Wow, I really like that second pic. Do you have a full sized version of it? It would make a great backround.

Thank you

I use a Sony DSC-F707 5mp camera set up on a tripod. I set the ISO to 100 the apature to the lowest it will go usualy 2.0 and adjust the shutter speed to the appropriate level typicaly between 30-120. After I take the picture I use paint shop pro to take out some of the blueness caused by the actinics and add some red lost due to the water back in.

I would say the most important part is having a tripod if the shutter speed is going to be below 120th of a second.

I wish I had a Nikon D70 with a macro lens but all my money is going into corals: Some day I will upgrade to a SLR.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Archived